Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
johnfreda said:
Can you delete a topic/posting from "Let's Talk Kindle" to reduce the number of postings/topics?
The author of a topic can lock it so it can't be posted to anymore. I think a MOD would have to delete it.

An individual can remove their post from a thread/topic.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Angela said:
The author of a topic can lock it so it can't be posted to anymore. I think a MOD would have to delete it.

An individual can remove their post from a thread/topic.
How would one go about locking a topic? I looked but couldn't find it.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I think only mods can lock a topic. Individual posters can delete their own posts.

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Leslie said:
I think only mods can lock a topic. Individual posters can delete their own posts.

L
that's right... the only thing I was able to lock was the poll I set up. I stand corrected!! ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
So, if I started a thread, I can delete it?

And if true, how?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Yes, if you started it you can delete it.

There's a 'remove topic' button at the lower left part of the screen.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mmkay. Thanks for clearing that up Harvey!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Jeff said:
Sorry Kimblee. It was probably me that got you confused. I started a post to tease Leslie, got distracted and posted it before I completed the thought.

EDIT: And now I removed it so nobody will ever know.

Jeff
Haha, no problem, Jeff. It's all good. :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I don't think an individual can delete a thread s/he started once other people have posted in it, however.

Harvey, is this correct?

L

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Leslie said:
I don't think an individual can delete a thread s/he started once other people have posted in it, however.

Harvey, is this correct?

L
Great minds think alike - I was unsure about this, and just tested it with a couple of dummy accounts. Yes - surprisingly - you can delete a thread that you started, even after other members have posted in it.

I hope this doesn't get used much!! And I'm looking to see if it's a configurable option that I can set differently.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yepper, H., you might want to look into that. At what I consider my "home" board, we had a poster, OGT, who got mad about something and deleted a bunch of threads he'd started in a massive hissy fit. Unfortunately he'd started quite a lot, and many were good -we even considered them board "classics" (if you'd been at the board a long time.) Anyway, any time anyone got mad, we teased them not to OGT the board. *sigh* A lot of good threads were gone for good. The admin was able to bring some back, tho, but it was a whole thang.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I've updated the permissions, so that our members can delete their own posts, but cannot delete a thread. So if other members have posted in a thread, the thread cannot be deleted except by a moderator.

This will prevent us from encountering an OGT moment.  :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Harvey said:
I've updated the permissions, so that our members can delete their own posts, but cannot delete a thread. So if other members have posted in a thread, the thread cannot be deleted except by a moderator.

This will prevent us from encountering an OGT moment. :)
Wise decision, Harvey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts