Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a CT update for me please?

I really am feeling slighted with a Nov 08 Prime order and still no notice of anything.

I emailed Amazon and got what I will presume is  a canned response:

"Your Kindle 2 order was prioritized based on your order date. Although the exact ship date may vary slightly due to shipping speed, destination, or other items in your order, rest assured that your order will be shipped according to our original promise date."

We know that has been proved untrue.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm in NJ...not too far from CT
I would call them if I were you.  I am a K1 owner, but ordered 2 new K2's.  I ordered one on Feb 6 and one on Feb 17th.  Both were shipped yesterday overnight to arrive today. 
Even without the overnight shipping you should have heard something by now...???

·
Registered
419 Posts
If I remember correctly, yours was a gift right Eric?
Maybe the person who bought it for you could call CS to see what's going on. I hate this is happening to you after you being the one doing all those countdowns for us.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree with RB. Did you have 1 day or 2 day shipping?  If you have one day shipping then you should have it today, and if you don't, you need to be refunded.  Tell them that you could have ordered all day yeseterday as a non-backorder person and gotten your kindle delivered today if you wanted... What the heck?  

Anyway, I got my email yesterday at 6:33 pm from Amazon.  It has shipped: this is the status on the amazon website is still as it was 12 hours ago:

February 23, 2009 03:08:08 PM Campbellsville KY US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

This is the status from UPS:
Last Scan: 2/23/2009 6:38:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US  US
Carrier: UPS
Service: GROUND
Expected: 2/25/2009

So, I won't get it Tuesday, but hopefully Wednesday. I order 12/27, 2 day shipping, live in Connecticut.
All they did with mine was scan the barcode and let it sit in the warehouse since it won't get shipped today.  I bet yours is in the same batch, they just haven't updated the online info yet.  But call to be sure... I think if you have your order number when you call, you don't need to be the actual account holder?

·
Registered
335 Posts
My Kindle is reported to be out for delivery to Waterford.  But I had ordered next day shipping, so that may be the difference...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I saw from your other post that you don't think you have a confirm yet (you don't want to badger your friend, and rightly so!).

What was the shipping method your friend used?  As far as I can see, the one day ships are getting here today, and the 2 day (as myself) only arrive tommorrow.  My status has not budged since yesterday so its still supposedly in Kentucky.. since 3:15 PM on Monday.  I'm sure yours is on its way also.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k_reader said:
Eric,

We're dying to know... did you get your shipping confirm yet?
The last I know was from Midnight....

NO!

I am off to some lessons now so I have other things to think about for a while.

ENJOY your new toys!
Eric

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Eric
Are you back from your lessons yet? Was it a good doggie?

Did you call CS? Call them! Call them Now! Kindle Customer Service: 866-321-8851
Yell at them. It was Prime! It was ordered early! They need to make it right for you!

We'll all call for you! ;D

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think Eric doesn't want to call because this was a gift, so he wouldn't have the account info and all that and he doesn't want to borrow his friend, his terrific kindle giving friend again!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kim said:
Eric
Are you back from your lessons yet? Was it a good doggie?

Did you call CS? Call them! Call them Now! Kindle Customer Service: 866-321-8851
Yell at them. It was Prime! It was ordered early! They need to make it right for you!

We'll all call for you! ;D
Thanks Kim,
My K is now on orute to be delivered to my door.
MAde it From Kentucky at appx 2:30 am to ct and on the local truck by 6:30 am.

My friend was notified of shipping today.
She passed it on to me less than a couple of hours while ago.

I expect my local truck typically around 4:00pm, but he could be here anytime...

Eric (Appreciates the concerns from those that did so.)

·
Registered
151 Posts
K-reader - mine is coming from the same place as yours and no updates.  Just shows in transit.  I did super saver shipping shows delivery on 3/2 but I'm hoping it comes earlier.  All this waiting is killing me. Oh by the way I'm in Texas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts