Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 1p on the east coast, and the shipping status is still "shipping soon."  If it actually is going to be delivered tomorrow, I would think they would have shipped by now.  Maybe the July 11 "delivery estimate" is truly that -- an estimate, that they may, or may not make.

Arrghhh!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
jazzi said:
Oh, I'm worried! :)
Puttting my neck out here, but don't kill me if I'm wrong. When they shipped the K2s, my status didn't update for hours (that nite?) and I couldn't see the delivery notification until way after I got it. I dont think that that many DXs were ordered, but Amazon's systems may be a little clogged anyway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
well i just ordered mine a few hours ago and i am guaranteed it will be here by friday ( 2 day shipping) and have seen no updates or anything in those few hours....so i would tend to believe their system is either a little bit slower updating, or that they have some CRAZY shipping hours :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
just checked - and mine now says "shipping soon"....i really dont think it said that a few hours ago....but there is SOME indication of an update....but still not that it has shipped....i would bet that they ship it sometime later today...they send out SO MUCH STUFF they have to be able to ship things later than other merchants do...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Puttting my neck out here, but don't kill me if I'm wrong. When they shipped the K2s, my status didn't update for hours (that nite?) and I couldn't see the delivery notification until way after I got it. I dont think that that many DXs were ordered, but Amazon's systems may be a little clogged anyway.
I've found that true before on things I've ordered in the past. Not sure if the shipper is slow updating the info, or Amazon, I think shipping soon means more than "OK, we've got one on the shelf for you and will pack it up soon." I think it means the product is already being processed and sent to the shipper. The package can be received by the shipper tonight and be at its destination site for loading on the truck for delivery by tomorrow morning, so I don't think there's anything to worry about yet.

I'll only be mad if it becomes obvious that it took longer than one day to deliver the package to me, because I paid a lot extra not to wait, you know?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Interestingly, I just got a shipment notice for a book that I have been waiting for awhile. I thought it was coming around July 6th but now I find out it has been shipped and will be coming tomorrow.

I still haven't gotten a shipping email from Amazon, but the status has changed in my Amazon account.

L

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mominsky said:
well about a half hour ago i got the email from amazon saying mine had shipped - going to check the tracking number now to see if UPS shows it :)
Still nothing for me. Ordered over a month ago, and status still shows "shipping soon." Others seem to indicate that status doesn't update in real time, so hopefully mine is on the way.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I got my shipped notice from Amazon early this morning,with a tracking #,so they are getting them sent :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts