Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading the manual and see that it shows the battery to be completely drained before the indicator which says you cannot access WN shows up.  Someone here said  he/she saw this indicator.  Did you drain the battery completely?  I'm curious as my battery is at the half-way mark and the indicator is not showing yet.  Does the battery really have to be drained completely, or am I taking this indicator too literally?  Thanks 

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I don't think I'm understanding what you are asking.

If the battery gets too low, you will get a message that says that you can't access whispernet becuase of the low battery. With my K1, I did it quite often. I just plugged it in and all was good. If I didn't plug it in, the Kindle would shut off and be unable to turn on again until plugged in.

With half the battery left, you're not going to see this messgae. It's got to be almost completely dead to get this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Speaking of Battery depletion...how are others batteries lasting on the K2?
I got mine last Tuesday, charged it up fully.  Downloaded my books and turned off WisperNet.
Used it periodically for the remainder of the work week, however used it about 10 hours over the weekend.
Put it in Sleep yesterday with a half full battery, just turned it on - battery dead... ???

How are other faring with the battery charge? I thought I would have gotten longer than this...and the quick drain from yesterday afternoon- don't know how to explain that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
luvmy4brats said:
I don't think I'm understanding what you are asking.

If the battery gets too low, you will get a message that says that you can't access whispernet becuase of the low battery. With my K1, I did it quite often. I just plugged it in and all was good. If I didn't plug it in, the Kindle would shut off and be unable to turn on again until plugged in.

With half the battery left, you're not going to see this messgae. It's got to be almost completely dead to get this.
Thank you, you ansered my question that the battery needs to be completely drained before seeing this indicator. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Rechargeable batteries need to be charged a few times before reaching their full potential. Don't worry about the odd battery drain until you have had the Kindle for a few weeks. If it persists beyond that, there may be a problem with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts