Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've officially given up on ever getting the skin I ordered from 3acp. They've ignored all my emails and although I'm supposedly getting a phone call from my local post office about the issue I doubt they can really do anything. (In brief, I ordered a skin, DC said it was delivered on 5/27, it lied. I never got it. The mail carrier apparently managed to deliver it to the wrong address). I'm still a little annoyed but I've decided to let it go. I'll never order from 3acp again though.

Anyway, I decided to play around on myTego
and designed a skin for myself using a photo I really like. I am aware Tego is extremely slow to ship and since they are in Canada it takes even longer to get here, but I really love this skin. Let me know what you think, and it's okay to say you hate it! :) Have a great Sunday!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow, I think it's really pretty! And this is coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of purple, even. ;D

While I'm sorry you've had such issues with 3acp, I hope you like your custom skin; skins from mytego.com do tend to be slow to ship and they have a "snakeskin" texture as opposed to the smoothness of Decalgirl or 3acp (at least, I'm mostly sure 3acp skins are smooth), but they're really easy to design, I didn't have any issues applying mine as a first-time skinner, and their prices are pretty decent -- especially if, like me, you only order one "face." Plus, depending on the photo you use, you can be reasonably to entirely sure that your skin is one-of-a-kind! That's one of my favorite things about ordering from mytego.com.

My Tego skin took exactly three weeks to arrive from the time I ordered it. I'll be looking forward to photos of yours next month! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's too bad they drag their feet when it comes to processing/shipping-that definetly doesn't reflect well on them, but their prices are good, especially since they are custom skins, so I decided to give it a try. The texture doesn't bother me at all. :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
It is beautiful.  It would look awesome with my purple Butterfly.  You have to post pics once you get it.  Which cover are you pairing it with?
I read on another thread where someone ordered from MyTego and got the skin in about 10 days.  I wish I could remember which thread I was reading.  I've been playing catch up the last couple of days and have read so many. 
deb

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It's beautiful! I love floral motifs! So sorry about your previous bad experiences, I hope mytego works well for you. I look forward to seeing pictures once you get it!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Jesspark lives in Florida, ordered hers in April and it took 21 days. 
deb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an Oberon- Roof of Heaven in Purple. I was thinking about saving up to get a Forest one in Green as well. I think they'd both go well with it!

I think it will be worth the wait too. I love purple and Lilacs are my favorite flower! :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I can't wait to see the combination.  I'm sure it's going to be great with either one. 
deb

·
Registered
780 Posts
I like it, should look great with the purple ROH. My skin from Tego took about 3 weeks, once it was made it was only a week for shipping to Florida. I think some of the delay is that these are custom made to order. They are good about emailing you when the have gooten your order , then again when the designers are done and it is being made, and then when it ships.

Lynn L

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah I'm over 3acp. I read all the reviews about it leaving residue and didn't listen, then when I took the skin off after a month it was seriously awful. It'd be nice if you could get your money back for something you didn't receive, though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm mad at them because they ignore all my emails. It's like "We got your money, that's all we care about." The contact link promises a response in 24 hours which is a joke. Their customer service sucks. If a customer tells you they didn't receive their order you should be very responsive and do what you can to help-especially since I was originally told the shipper had to file the lost mail complaint! I realize the post office is responsible for losing my skin, not them though. :)

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
the skin you designed with tego looks nice. i really like it. I think it will go great with both purple and green.

Have you contacted Paypal since 3acp hasn't responded? I would file a complaint with them. It's worth a try. The worst they can do is say no. Regardless of whether the post office lost it or not, 3acp should still be responsible.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Not bad at all. Looks good.  :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts