Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thanks for posting this! It's a great video and just another example of what a wonderful company Oberon is :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can't wait to mine also...although mine is with the velcro!

G

·
I know that women tend to be less technically oriented than men, but is it really necessary to watch a 5 minute video in order to see and understand how a leather flap works? ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I want to know why it looks like the guy is in a padded cell (haven't watched it yet).

Betsy
*ignoring Jim. ;D*
The textile professional in you will be horrified at the wrinkled sheet hanging behind him as a screen. They couldn't whip out an iron? Don't watch it, Betsy, I know you'll cringe.

L

PS...watching this, I am glad I stuck with the velcro and didn't go for the corners.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Me too, Leslie.  Velcro Avenue of Trees should be here this week.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Leslie said:
The textile professional in you will be horrified at the wrinkled sheet hanging behind him as a screen. They couldn't whip out an iron? Don't watch it, Betsy, I know you'll cringe.

L

PS...watching this, I am glad I stuck with the velcro and didn't go for the corners.
LOL " They couldn't whip up a Iron" ??? I glad I stuck with the velcro too. ;D

·
Registered
195 Posts
I gotta say that one of the things I'm really enjoying about my Kindle is that it's helping support all these little companies and individuals right here in the US -- whether it's Oberon (CA), or Waterfield Designs (CA), or strangedog (NC), it's just nice to see that I don't have to buy mass-market junk from Wal-Mart -- unless I choose to, of course!

WalMarters of the World, please don't flame me!  

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Khabita said:
I gotta say that one of the things I'm really enjoying about my Kindle is that it's helping support all these little companies and individuals right here in the US -- whether it's Oberon (CA), or Waterfield Designs (CA), or strangedog (NC), it's just nice to see that I don't have to buy mass-market junk from Wal-Mart -- unless I choose to, of course!

WalMarters of the World, please don't flame me!
That is true I love the helping support of these little companies.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Me too.  Don't know what kind of holiday season Oberon would have had, but with all the Kindle cover orders -- it's got to be merry.  Hope they won't be working on Christmas and New Year's Day.  ;)  Maybe they can even get the Fridays after off too.  Happy Holidays, Oberon.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Atunah said:
Hope this hasn't been posted yet.

Fantastic detailed video of Oberon demonstrating the cover

http://www.oberondesign.com/store/kindle.php
I just love Oberon! I took my Oberon journal and Oberon Kindle cover with me to Europe this past week and both got many compliments. I'm hoping the folks at Oberon get some international orders soon!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I made a mistake in looking at the Oberon journals - feel in love with a design that is not on a kindle cover yet, so I am waiting for it to be available before i get one of their covers.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am in love with the Tree of life. But I don't have the budget for any cover any time soon. I wouldn't be able to make my mind up about Velcro or loops anyway. Its so pretty though. *sigh*

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have been iffy on buying one and the video gives me alot food for thought. Thanks for sharing that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts