Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MAY AND JUNE 2021, 30% OFF FULL DEVELOPMENTAL EDITS

What do I offer?

Full Developmental Edit: An in depth story structure edit which includes commentaries throughout the manuscript and a 4 to 12 pages editorial letter. The letter includes feedback on theme, general structure, pace, development of plot and characters; dialogue and point of view if necessary. You will know what works, what doesn't and why.
Rate is $3 per 1,000 words. Average read 10-14 days.

Custom Beta Edit: A quick developmental edit that includes a 2 page editorial letter that reviews up to 2 of the following aspects: theme, character, plot development, point of view, pace or structure.
Rate is $1 per 1,000 words. Average read 5-7 days.

I prefer Sci-Fi and Fantasy, but also enjoy working on other commercial fiction genres.

If you have a story in need of developmental editing, send me a message with any questions you might have. You can also use the contact form in my website www.natistorytelling.com

About Me

Moved by my curiosity of different cultures and geopolitics, I pursued the most suitable degree I had at my disposition: International Business. Though I appreciate the learning experience, story telling has always been my biggest passion. Last year I decided to start writing, but I felt something was missing. Just writing novels is not enough for me, I want to help others in their journey of getting their stories out of their minds into a well structured manuscript. It is because of that desire I am pursuing a career as a developmental editor.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Message sent. If you have received it, let me know.

Complete story, 1st book in a trilogy. Pre to post-apocalyptic suspense thriller. (Dystopian.)

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Just giving a shout out for Natalia.

I know it can be difficult when someone who we don't know is asking for us to trust them with our work in this Internet age, but people have to start somewhere to gain a reputation when starting out with services and so I took a chance.

Boy am I pleased that I did. She came through in spades' full, keeping in contact with questions through the process which gave some comfort that she was genuine, rather than sending off the MS and then hearing nothing.

I took her up on the offer as I'd just completed 95,000 words of the first book of a trilogy as a post Apolyptic/Dystopian thriller and I received the development edit back in a timely fashion. When it was going to take a few days longer than originally anticipated, she kept me informed.

I have experience of development edits, and as an old timer on here, I can say that her work is of an exceptional professional standard, with some great insights.

But for her post, I would have gone ahead anyway and published once I'd completed the trilogy. As it is, her thorough separate summary and markup on the MS have enabled me to make changes to take the book up a notch to a whole different level.

Even if you don't have anything in the pipeline just now,  only having something by the time she is ready to start charging, I would recommend you bookmarking this thread. If you have any further questions, my email is listed on my profile, or you could message me on here, or simply post a reply, especially if her services will be of interest.

I already have the 2nd and 3rd story booked in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decon said:
Just giving a shout out for Natalia.

I know it can be difficult when someone who we don't know is asking for us to trust them with our work in this Internet age, but people have to start somewhere to gain a reputation when starting out with services and so I took a chance.

Boy am I pleased that I did. She came through in spades' full, keeping in contact with questions through the process which gave some comfort that she was genuine, rather than sending off the MS and then hearing nothing.

I took her up on the offer as I'd just completed 95,000 words of the first book of a trilogy as a post Apolyptic/Dystopian thriller and I received the development edit back in a timely fashion. When it was going to take a few days longer than originally anticipated, she kept me informed.

I have experience of development edits, and as an old timer on here, I can say that her work is of an exceptional professional standard, with some great insights.

But for her post, I would have gone ahead anyway and published once I'd completed the trilogy. As it is, her thorough separate summary and markup on the MS have enabled me to make changes to take the book up a notch to a whole different level.

Even if you don't have anything in the pipeline just now, only having something by the time she is ready to start charging, I would recommend you bookmarking this thread. If you have any further questions, my email is listed on my profile, or you could message me on here, or simply post a reply, especially if her services will be of interest.

I already have the 2nd and 3rd story booked in.
Hey, Declan. Thank you for trusting me with your story. I can't wait to work with you on the next 2 books.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Hi Natalia.

Check your in box. I've sent book 2 with some notes. Many thanks for doing this.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Hi Natalia. Just to say thanks for returning the editorial letter and the MS for Secession, marked up with some excellent suggestions. I'm on with making the changes now and I'll send a copy when I've finished, then it's onto book 3 which should be ready sometime it January as it's almost halfway completed. When it's complete, I'll send it on to you. Have a nice weekend. That'll be the trilogy done then. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello everyone,

I updated my initial post, since I'm now charging for my services. Please get in touch if you have any questions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys and gals,

There's a promo running for February, spots are limited: Full Developmental Edit $97 (max. 90,000 words).

Have a great week!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I really wish I actually wrote my first draft first, had no idea you were running a promo, I bookmarked your service but wasn't expecting to click on this  :'(

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Thanks for returning book 3 ahead of schedule. Really appreciate the work you've done. Great insights yet again. Thanks. Bookmarked for the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for returning book 3 ahead of schedule. Really appreciate the work you've done. Great insights yet again. Thanks. Bookmarked for the future.
Thank you for letting me edit your series! It was a delight to work with you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello everyone! I'm now scheduling May and June, remember there's a 30% discount on full edits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts