Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks good. I want to try to make a book link so I can order it..Maybe I'll get it right this time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vampyre said:
Yes, I used it until I got it right..or I thought it was right. Did I mess it up?
No! Not at all. I meant... you can tell if you "got it right" or not by using the Preview button... without actually posting. ;)

I was being facetious. Sorry. :-[

·
Registered
377 Posts
I downloaded a sample of that one this morning!

Has anyone read the Warriors books? Some say it's similar to Watership Down, except with cats. Jusy wondering if anyone is familiar with the series at all.

-X-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xia said:
I downloaded a sample of that one this morning!

Has anyone read the Warriors books? Some say it's similar to Watership Down, except with cats. Jusy wondering if anyone is familiar with the series at all.

-X-
I haven't read them. I have read Tailchaser's Song, which tries to be a Watership Down with cats, but while it's decent fiction, it pales by comparison. The author (Tad Williams) makes the same mistake that most authors make when trying to write books with animal protagonists: He makes Tailchaser into a human shaped like a cat rather than really getting into a cat's brain and letting Tailchaser be fully a cat who the reader has to grow to understand and appreciate as a cat.

This is the magic of Watership Down. You have to become partly rabbit to empathize with the characters.

·
Registered
788 Posts
If cats could talk they were probably argue that they are human, but that's just my take on things.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tested that link a lot.  The first time I posted some the looked good but went off to nowhere land.  sort of dead ended in the information highway

I was messing with you a little back a little.  I have a lot of forum experience but I've not used a link maker like this before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mikuto said:
If cats could talk they were probably argue that they are human, but that's just my take on things.
Actually, they'd state emphatically that they are cats, dammit. And they are the superior life form on the planet. They carefully domesticated humans into pets who will assist and care for them. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vampyre said:
I tested that link a lot. The first time I posted some the looked good but went off to nowhere land. sort of dead ended in the information highway

I was messing with you a little back a little. I have a lot of forum experience but I've not used a link maker like this before.
If the Internet is the Information Superhighway, are emoticons and "leetspeak" the litter and stray socks we have to look at as we drive by? ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Actually, they'd state emphatically that they are cats, dammit. And they are the superior life form on the planet. They carefully domesticated humans into pets who will assist and care for them. ;)
Clearly you've never met my cat. He's part dog part toddler.

·
Registered
780 Posts
It's been awhile since I read the first couple of these- I enjoyed them but don't think they are on par with Watership Down. I have gotten the first one on my Kindle but haven't reread it yet.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
All my kitties here agree 100% and have fully domesticated their humans.

The ancient Egyptians had it right when they made
CAT a God.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Let's just say he comes whenever you call him, and cries when he's lonely. He's not very catlike.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Vampyre said:
This looks good. I want to try to make a book link so I can order it..Maybe I'll get it right this time.
WOW, a kitty book. I just downloaded the sample and will try it sometime.
I bet Dewy will have lots of neat adventures to tell us about.
I love how they thought of his name.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sailor said:
All my kitties here agree 100% and have fully domesticated their humans.

The ancient Egyptians had it right when they made
CAT a God.
That's the way the spoiler block is SUPPOSED to work! You are supposed to have to click-drag over the box to see it, to prevent accidental peeking. Is it the colored text that makes that happen?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I haven't read them. I have read Tailchaser's Song, which tries to be a Watership Down with cats, but while it's decent fiction, it pales by comparison. The author (Tad Williams) makes the same mistake that most authors make when trying to write books with animal protagonists: He makes Tailchaser into a human shaped like a cat rather than really getting into a cat's brain and letting Tailchaser be fully a cat who the reader has to grow to understand and appreciate as a cat.

This is the magic of Watership Down. You have to become partly rabbit to empathize with the characters.
Good to know. Thanks. I'll probably pass on it then. I adore Watership Down and would probably get annoyed if I felt the authors were trying too hard to be like WD.

On a side note... I used to know a guy named Tad Williams. And he had a lot of cats when I knew him, too. He had several of those kinds with the extra toes (so cute those are!). Hmm, I wonder if it could be the same guy? Nah, doubt it. I don't recall him being a writer, I think he was a cabinet salesman.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a Tom that had 2 extra toes on his front paws.  His front feet were massive.  Each foot had one claw I had to watch carefully and trim on occasion because it grew in a curl and could go right into his feet. 

He got killed by a car when I moved to TN to live with my brother for a while.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts