Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, it may be stupid but I am still a little confused.

What is the difference between a DH and a spouse thingy? Ive noticed some people say DH and others say spouse thingy. Please let me know because I thought spouse thingy was your husband/wife.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Harvey said:
Same thing, although I suppose spouse thingy is gender neutral.
I thought maybe that was the case. Makes sense, thanks!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I honestly don't think I've ever known anyone other than myself to use the term "Spouse Thingy." It's how I've referred to my husband online for a good 15 years; he doesn't seem to mind, so I'll keep using it ;)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thumper said:
I honestly don't think I've ever known anyone other than myself to use the term "Spouse Thingy." It's how I've referred to my husband online for a good 15 years; he doesn't seem to mind, so I'll keep using it ;)
Thumper, it was one of your posts I noticed "spouse thingy" I didn't know it was a personal reference. Now it makes alot more sense to me. I didnt no if it was a universal term for a significant other. Thats why I wanted to ask if there was a difference between DH and your term. But now that I know its your term I get it! Thanks and sorry If my question was odd.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thumper said:
You're going to start a trend at kindleboards at least with the married females on the board. Somehow I think I'd be in the doghouse if I referred to the Mrs. as "Spouse Thingy", however if she referred to me as "Spouse Thingy" it would be quite appropriate, lol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Forster said:
You're going to start a trend at kindleboards at least with the married females on the board. Somehow I think I'd be in the doghouse if I referred to the Mrs. as "Spouse Thingy", however if she referred to me as "Spouse Thingy" it would be quite appropriate, lol.
ROFL. I love a man who "gets" it.

EllenR

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I did use "spouse thingy" in a thread, think I was referring to a Thumper thread - I actually laughed out loud the first time I read it and it is all I can do to keep from calling my DH - to his face - spouse thingy.

If you have not read Thumpers, or Max's books, you are in for a treat.  You will find all sorts of new phraseology.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Forster said:
Time to resurrect the "Men in the Doghouse" vid.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
koolmnbv said:
I didnt no if it was a universal term for a significant other.
One day, perhaps... ;)

You know those heart tattoos with the scroll across the front that says "Mom"? I think I'm going to get one that says "Spouse Thingy."

Dang, I should have thought of that earlier. Today is his birthday. That would have made his day...

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:

I had never seen that. Thanks for resurrecting it, Gertie.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
OHHH Have you given him his kindle yet?  Did you manage to get it without his knowing?  Reaction???

Happy Birthday Spouse Thingy!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Happy birthday to the original Spouse Thingy!  Tell Max and Buddah Pest to be nice to him today. :D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Steph H said:

I had never seen that. Thanks for resurrecting it, Gertie.
LOL, trick question.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Trick question? Was there a question in there anywhere? LOL

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Steph H said:
Trick question? Was there a question in there anywhere? LOL
When he was going up before the review board. "Next time you'll get her a gym membership?" LOL

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Either that video is a total fake, or there are thousands of those facilities, just around the U.S. No way all the men who continually end up "in the doghouse" would fit. I don't wind up there often anymore, 37 years of training have had an effect. Who says that an old dog can't learn?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Forster said:
When he was going up before the review board. "Next time you'll get her a gym membership?" LOL
Oh, okay, since you quoted me I thought you meant I posted a trick question! :D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I had never heard the term spouse thingy till Thumper posted it.  I love it.  If I had a spouse I would definitely call it a thingy.  As it stands I just have an on again/off again idiot thingy.
deb

1 - 20 of 57 Posts