Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leslie mentioned a short while ago that she liked the idea of highlighting definitions of new words she encountered and saving them.  Is there a very easy way to do this? 

Right now I seem to have to pull up the entire dictionary entry, then highlight, then select to save.  It's then saved in My Clippings.  Is this the most efficient method?

If I bookmark a site, that is in the same "My Clippings" folder.  Am I doing something wrong?  If anyone else is doing this, I'd love to hear your method.  Thanks!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have not found an easy way......So far I'm just looking up the definition and moving on.....no saving/clipping- too much of an interruption during my reading.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pomlover2586 said:
I have not found an easy way......So far I'm just looking up the definition and moving on.....no saving/clipping- too much of an interruption during my reading.
That's what I'm doing now, too. If my "method" is the only way, it does distract me from reading to save the definitions.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
This is the way to do it: bring up the dictionary, highlight the definition, click to save, then press the back button to go back to your reading. It doesn't distract me that much and doesn't take that long. I don't save every word I look up, but I do save the words that are completely new to me and I want to learn.

L

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leslie said:
This is the way to do it: bring up the dictionary, highlight the definition, click to save, then press the back button to go back to your reading. It doesn't distract me that much and doesn't take that long. I don't save every word I look up, but I do save the words that are completely new to me and I want to learn.

L
Thanks, Leslie. I don't have to look up many words in my current novel, but I'll look forward to trying it again with my next challenging read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts