Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sort of sad when their K1 sold?  Mine just sold on amazon and I feel sort of sad about it.  Is that weird? 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I sold mine here on KB after the K2 was announced and I shipped little Anabel off to Texas.

I'm sad.  I'm going through withdrawals.  And worst of all, I feel guilty.  I feel like I have cheated on my Anabel and betrayed her.  We all know the first time is special and I'm worried that the second time around just wont be the same.  I bonded with Anabel and then I sold her, how could I do that? 

I don't think you being sad is weird.  But I might be far beyond weird.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Well, I bought my Kindle from someone here at KindleBoards and I am very thankful for their giving me the opportunity to finally get one of my own. I had been waiting for an new one since early December. I think you should feel good about giving someone else a chance to see what everyone says about how great Kindles are is true. Thanks Lilly for letting me buy your Kindle.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I felt sad for the KB board member who sold their K1 to me knowing he would be without and I would have his K1 at my house waiting to go to its new home in Houston! :'(

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
When, someday, I decide to upgrade to K-whatever, one of my kids will be getting mine.  So it will still be in the family. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Arkhan said:
I feel kind of sad I never got to try the original. I keep wondering about this silver blinking thing...
The silver blinking thing is very cool. I am sorry they got rid of that feature.

L

I

·
0 Posts
I haven't sold mine, I am keeping it 4evah!

I do think seeling a Kindle would feel a lot like giving away or selling a puppy that you've gotten attached to.  Now go watch Harvey's puppy video.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If I had HAD to sell mine to get the other one I wouldn't have did it. But we wanted two in the family anyway and I'm going to be loaning the first one to my mom for awhile so it worked out perfect for us.

Melissa

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
kim said:
I sold mine here on KB after the K2 was announced and I shipped little Anabel off to Texas.

I'm sad. I'm going through withdrawals. And worst of all, I feel guilty. I feel like I have cheated on my Anabel and betrayed her. We all know the first time is special and I'm worried that the second time around just wont be the same. I bonded with Anabel and then I sold her, how could I do that?

I don't think you being sad is weird. But I might be far beyond weird.
What she said. Just replace Anabel with Edgar.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
stevene9 said:
You did! Can't you hear her crying late at night.
STOP! I can't handle the guilt. I know she went to a good home. :'(

luvmy4brats said:
What she said. Just replace Anabel with Edgar.
Yes, Edgar and Anabel have had a similar fate. We already know that someday they will meet up and then a Kindle love story will be written.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
kim said:
Yes, Edgar and Anabel have had a similar fate. We already know that someday they will meet up and then a Kindle love story will be written.
Ah, can't wait. Kindle fanfic! Maybe I'll write it myself...

L

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
kim said:
STOP! I can't handle the guilt. I know she went to a good home. :'(
She's lying there all night long crying, pretending to be in sleep mode to fool her new owners. The new owners are very nice people, but they are not YOU, her original, and only real mother. I think there needs to be laws about Kindle Abandonment and Cruelty to Kindles. :(

Steve

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Don't let him make you feel bad. She loved the friendship you shared and the time spent together, but now she's off to new adventures and genres! She now has not only a new family, but new authors with whom to acquaint herself. She wants you to go and love again with an open heart and no reservations.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
MichelleR said:
Don't let him make you feel bad. She loved the friendship you shared and the time spent together, but now she's off to new adventures and genres! She now has not only a new family, but new authors with whom to acquaint herself. She wants you to go and love again with an open heart and no reservations.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. ;D :'( ::)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Shame on you Steve  :mad:

Nicely said Michelle  :)

I'm with Vampy, I'll keep mine 4ever  8)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts