Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the forums for a while now, but decided to join to get some input on this.

So I left Select to go wide, I got Amazon to price match to free, the usual. Afterward, though, I decided to go back into Select, so I pulled the book from the other stores and waited a bit to make sure it had taken effect. I rejoined Select and expected the book to be paid again, instead it remained free even though it clearly says I'm in Kindle Unlimted/Select. I wasn't aware that was even possible? I was under the impression Select books had to be a min of 99 cents?

I reached out to Amazon and they promptly told me the price does not revert just becasue you enter Select. They also said I couldn't be in Select (though I am) becasue the book was also on iBooks. (Which, it isn't...) And they of course regurgitated a lot of copy and paste terms of service at me. I'm still in the process of working this out with them, but I was interested if anyone has ever had a similar experience?   

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Rollzlx said:
So I left Select to go wide, I got Amazon to price match to free, the usual. Afterward, though, I decided to go back into Select, so I pulled the book from the other stores and waited a bit to make sure it had taken effect.
I'm in the process of doing the same. However, I first emailed Amazon support to let them know my intentions. With my permafree books, it seems that it is not as straightforward as you would think. So far I've had two emails back from them saying something to the effect that they are looking into the matter and will provide an answer in a few days. I suspect if I had simply enrolled them back into KU, I might be in the same position as you. Anyway, I would be interested to hear how it turns out eventually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts