Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I waited and waited until From Dead to Worse came out in paperback thinking that the price for the kindle edition would drop too.  I waited until April 2nd to buy it even though it was at the high price of 9.99 thinking well I guess they won't drop it.  And I look today and it is 4.39!!! The cheapest of all of Sookie's books!  So I called up Amazon and got somebody I could barely understand and he told me that as of Sept. they don't offer refunds.  Did I not understand him or is that the truth???

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
This is accurate, they stopped offering refunds on price reductions in Sept 2008.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
that's odd. I haven't returned a book, but this doesn't make sense. Still I think they dropped the price in anticipation of the release of the latest book coming out......sometime next month. I just checked out Charlaine harris's site and they have the cover of the 9th book posted.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,  so how long should I wait next time for the price to drop after a paperbook comes out?

The paperback for the 8th book came out on March 30 (or 31) and the picture for the ninth and plans for it to come out have been on there for at least 2 weeks maybe even a month. 

·
Registered
737 Posts
That sucks!!  You are still within the 7 day return.  Can you think of another reason to return and then reorder later.

I use shoppingnotes.com to track Kbooks that I am willing to order when the price drops.

You could wait about 100 years, should be free then.      :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
On 4/3 I got the same book for $3.95.  I noticed it went up to $4.39 like you said the VERY next day!  I had been stalking that book for the Kindle as well once I heard the paperback was coming out.  Although I got the lowest price this still concerns me...at any moment the price of a book could drop after we pay the higher price.  :mad:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Sometimes I think we cause the price increase - all of us want certain books and will definitely pay for them.  The Sookie books, Outlanders, etc.  I am just going to have to wait and get some of these other read before I get the ones I really really want  ::)

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
I think you have to decide if the price of the book is what you're willing to pay.  I've occasionally had it happen that the price goes down after I buy and my response is generally "well, poo" followed by a shrug.  But that's about it. . .I bought it for what I bought it for; if I hadn't thought it was worth that in the first place I wouldn't have bought it.

I will confess to a small "woo hoo" if the price goes up after I buy it. :)

Ann

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well for once I hit at the right time! I just coincidentally happened to be at this point in the series after taking a couple months off from the Stackhouse novels and actually got it for $3.95. Hadn't been watching it at all. I remember thinking it was awfully cheap for such a recent title.

Entertaining book by the way, if a bit disjointed.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Back in Feb, I actually broke my own rule and paid over $10.00 for it.  Usually for a "must read" I wait until it is under $8 or 9 (and that is a must MUST read) and "my" price is around $6 for what I like to pay.  This was my most expensive Kindle book to date and while it is frustrating that it is now below $4, back in Feb when I was reading the series, I wasn't willing to wait!!!  So, oh well!  :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts