Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I admit, I have been reading toooo much!
I have started a new Highlander series by Janet Chapman today. Did not plan on it, but needed to because read 1st book and simply can't stop thinking about it! Decided to continue with the next book...............few hours and chapters later i feel like a zombie....red eyes, tired, spaced out because of the story and in the "who knows what" mood I am now..............the fact remains... no matter how terrible i look or how tired I am or what time it is right now, I love my kindle and can't stop reading!
I might be an extreme case... but did this happen to you? or am I the only one???
My body says STOP but my brain says MORE reading!....................................

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is soooo true for me!  It kills me when I look over at the clock and see 1:00am then 2:00, then 3:00. 
I tell myself, "just one more chapter," but it is so darn easy to hit that next page button really fast and pretend I didn't notice I started a new one!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Well, I've stayed up reading well past the time I normally do, but consider that I'm retired and have no schedule to keep to. Several times I've kept on reading until past 7AM and just decided to not go to sleep, just get on with what I need to be doing and take a couple of hours for a nap in the afternoon. I think the last book I did that with was a Lee Child thriller.

Mike

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Well the first thing I did when reading your post was read all the way to the author's name then pause to go search Amazon for the series. Which one is first by the way?

I have been staying up until after 3 a.m. reading but I can't do that after this week because the kids will be back in school. I'm enjoying it while it lasts though. I'm blowing through all the free books Amazon has given us plus more. I have been reading 3 books at a time depending on my mood.

Melissa

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yep. Me too. My eyes getting scratchy ends up stopping me for a while.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ummm..... no comment....

Okay, yes I am addicted to my Kindle. So I come here for therapy. I love to read. I love my Kindle. I love to read on my kindle. I love kindleboards.

I really should go outside for some fresh air :eek:

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've done this countless times with books that I could *not* put down.

I just had to keep reading until fatigue or my schedule forced me to stop!

I love it when a book is that good!! ;D

Now that I'm older, I need to pay more attention to my sleep [but I don't] ;)

Marci

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
when I was younger I could read all night and still function the next day. As I got older I would get a headache the next day.  I now set a timer to remind me to stop reading and go to bed.  I also notice when I retired that I was getting my days and nights mixed up reading all night sleeping all day.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had that problem BEFORE kindle. 'Just one more chapter' I'd tell myself. Now with Kindle, the next page button is too easy to push.  ;D  I'm tired but I'm enjoying my Kindle.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I often fell asleep with a book in my hand, but not since I got Little Gertie.  I give myself a set time to read in bed and then tuck her safely in her pouch.  I'm too afraid of falling asleep and accidentally kicking her onto the floor. 

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
If I don't put my Kindle in a non-convenient place then I'm constantly reading when I should be doing something else.  This morning I woke up at 3 sneezing.  Normally, I would sneeze for 10 minutes  or so and then go back to sleep.  This morning I turned on the light and read part of a chapter of Outlander.  My excuse was I needed to get done before Monday.  Oh, the lies we tell ourselves to justify our actions.  LOL.
debbie

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mom2AshEmBella said:
ummm..... no comment....

Okay, yes I am addicted to my Kindle. So I come here for therapy. I love to read. I love my Kindle. I love to read on my kindle. I love kindleboards.

I really should go outside for some fresh air :eek:
But it sooo cold out stay inside and read some more

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well count me in, sometimes I just can put the kindle down. I am so glad I have this week off for vacation.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have always been the kind of person who could sit and read for hours, but I have to say that since I got my Kindle my reading time has increased EVEN MORE. But I don't find myself with scratchy eyes, just a stiff neck from not moving enough while I'm reading for hours and hours.

There is something about the Kindle that just makes reading so effortless.

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
I can't just read for hours anymore as I get stuck.  ;) I try to remember to get up every 20 minutes or so and walk around some.

Ann

·
Registered
168 Posts
I really love being able to change the font size. That way I can have my Kindle in the stand and read while doing other things...like folding laundry or even exercising!  ;D

·
Registered
133 Posts
lailamar said:
FOR THOSE WHO ASKED WHAT KEPT ME ALL NIGHT UP.....
http://www.janetchapman.com/books.htm

CHARMING THE HIGHLANDER her 1st book! only $3.99 on amazon for kindle!
I'm so glad you are enjoying this series. I discovered Janet Chapman when she first started and I look forward to each new book. The Highlander series is a very fun read!

I don't have my Kindle yet but I do read at every opportunity. Now I'm kind of nervous that my reading habit will get worse when I have the Kindle :p

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
Dazlyn said:
I don't have my Kindle yet but I do read at every opportunity. Now I'm kind of nervous that my reading habit will get worse when I have the Kindle :p
No need to be nervous. . . the habit will definitely get worse. :D

Ann

1 - 20 of 38 Posts