Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I justed wanted to share that I got my BEST Mother's Day gift in the 29 years I have been a mother! Wonderful son and daughter-in-law came for brunch and gave me a card - when I opened it the front says "With Love to Grandmother on Mother's Day". I'm going to be a Grandma, I'm going to be a Grandma!!!! Happy, Happy, Happy dance with everyone!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Aw Crebel!!  How SWEET!!!!  So happy for you!!!

My 12 year old (thanks to his language arts teacher) gave me a book of poems that he has been writing in class since September.  Some are serious, some are funny and all are in his 12 year old humor that is distinctly his!!!  I love it!!  :)  They even put them each in page protectors and then put them in a 3 prong plastic folder.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I should have said they also gave me a $50 gift certificate for the local nursery (as in plants - they thought "nursery" was very "punny") so I am going to get a new tree so 1st grandchild will always know "that's my tree at Grandma's house".  Now that I have decided I like that plan, I think I will do it for every grandchild I may be blessed to have!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Crebel, congratulations.  My grandparents planted my first christmas tree in their yard.  They have since moved from that house, but my cousin and her husband live there.  I love to drive by and point it out.
deb

·
Registered
364 Posts
A couple of days ago Mom surprise me by ask if I had my kindle 1. It surprise me because she never really shown all that much intrest in it.
So today long with some money that she been hinting that she need, I gave her my k1.  Again to my surprise she seem to be taking to using easier then I would have thought. technology and my Mom don't usually mix well.  I glad I gave to her with about 6-7 books that I had bought before and that I think she will like. Seem to really like the kindle so that make me happy. Now the Kindle will get some use, I have really use it after I got the new kindle 2 in Feb.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
crebel said:
I justed wanted to share that I got my BEST Mother's Day gift in the 29 years I have been a mother! Wonderful son and daughter-in-law came for brunch and gave me a card - when I opened it the front says "With Love to Grandmother on Mother's Day". I'm going to be a Grandma, I'm going to be a Grandma!!!! Happy, Happy, Happy dance with everyone!
OMG, it doesn't get any better than that!!! And they kept it secret until Mother's Day. What great kids. Big congratulations!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
crebel said:
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for sharing the joy with me everyone!  I've spent the day alternating between happy tears and giggling!  I can't wait to start reading to him/her/them (twins run in both families) from day one.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
crebel said:
Thanks for sharing the joy with me everyone! I've spent the day alternating between happy tears and giggling! I can't wait to start reading to him/her/them (twins run in both families) from day one.
AND if you go to the Mother's Day thread, lots and lots of book suggestions! In fact I am tempted to go get some for me to read ;D to me !

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My son took his money and bought me a plant with beautiful yellow flowers. My hubby got me a mug that my son decorated and wrote a poem with my sisters help. My son is going to be 7 on the 21st of this month. My son also bought me candy. My hubby bought me speakers for my computer. :) Today I won a Oberon cover too! :)

Here is the mug my son made me:

He drew me with a cape and my hair flying up...I'm also holding him below me....LOL! He did that all by himself.

He wrote a very long and very touching poem.

Here is what the mug reads:

My mommy is my superhero,
She always keeps me safe!
My mommy gives me hugs and kisses,
She protects me with her cape!
My mommy uses her super powers,
to let me know that she cares!
She makes time to teach, play and giggle with me,
I'm so glad that my superhero mommy is always there!

The handle reads I heart U :)

P.S. I'm the luckiest mommy in the world!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
crebel said:
Congrats :)

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Neversleeps - That is one of the sweetest gifts I have ever seen, you are a very lucky Mommy!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts