Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but when reading a book there is a diagonal dashed line in the upper right corner of the screen... kind of like a dog eared page... whats that for?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That is where the bookmark indicator goes.  If you set a bookmark, it 'dog-ears' that page.  Bookmark again and its removed.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
That is where you can place a bookmark in what you are reading either by scrolling up and clicking or alt-B, at least with the Klassic Kindle. Makes it easy to find something later. It is supposed to look like a dog eared page in a DTB.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
intinst said:
That is where you can place a bookmark in what you are reading either by scrolling up and clicking or alt-B, at least with the Klassic Kindle. Makes it easy to find something later. It is supposed to look like a dog eared page in a DTB.
I LOVE your quote! That's exactly how I feel at the end of those days, feeling resentful as I doze off because there is so much more I want to do.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Jesslyn said:
That is where the bookmark indicator goes. If you set a bookmark, it 'dog-ears' that page. Bookmark again and its removed.
Pardon me for being dense today, but do you mean that's just an indicator for the place you scroll to to set a bookmark and the bookmark is removed with another click? I have never set a bookmark in my K1, but the "dog-ear" is on every page I read. I wish I could remove it altogether, I didn't like dog-ears in DTBs and would rather not see it on every page.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Until you click on it it is not set. It cannot be removed, it is part of the device.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
You are welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts