Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking on the M-edge website, Amazon's website, and here trying to find what the difference is between the Prodigy and Executive jackets. I know that one of the differences is with the "hinges" for each, but what does that mean? And are there any other difference? Also, it looks like that both of the cases have a reading light built at the center or is that sold separately?

Thanks in advance! I loving my new Kindle2 (first time Kindle purchaser) and its time to get a case for it before I take it outside my house and "into the wild"...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The Prodigy has the hinges, the Executive does not-it has the 4 corners to hold the Kindle in place.  I don't think anyone has received the new K2 cases yet, but I'm sure there will be reviews once they are tested out.  I think all the covers that M-Edge has are compatible w/the E-illuminator light now-it is not built in and is an optional (ie: extra) accessory.  I have the Executive for my K1 and ordered the Platform for my K2 b/c I like the way it folds over the top.  Hope that helps!
Ruby

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ruby, that does clear it up for me. I'm still not sure which one I want to order yet...I may have to wait for some reviews. Its funny how it took me no time to decide to plunk down the the $360 for the Kindle, and yet I can't decide on a $30-$50 case!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
bg816am said:
Thanks Ruby, that does clear it up for me. I'm still not sure which one I want to order yet...I may have to wait for some reviews. Its funny how it took me no time to decide to plunk down the the $360 for the Kindle, and yet I can't decide on a $30-$50 case!
You're welcome, glad I could help. I hear you on the decision making........I had a very hard time deciding what Oberon to get for K1 too (velcro vs. corners), so I ended up getting one of each.
Ruby

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you are patient, I would wait just a little bit to hear the reviews and such..... or you can just order both.  ;)

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
bg816am said:
Wait until you try to pick out a $15 skin..Oh the torture! It's impossible.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Wait until you try to pick out a $15 skin..Oh the torture! It's impossible.
How true! I'm having a heck of a time trying to decide on just one........I don't change skins and I'm only getting one cover for K2 so the skin I pick has to be "perfect"-ha!
Ruby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts