Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,017 Posts
"Look at history in other areas. This has parallels to DRM. People got very angry at the Eagles and other bands for making their CDs only available at Wal-mart. It's one thing to make exclusive/special/bonus versions for certain stores but to only sell your books at certain stores? Recipe for reader backlash."

We can see how this works with the new Amazon Thomas & Mercer imprint. They will be Amazon exclusive eBooks. Paper will have wider distribution.

· Registered
10,017 Posts
I've run into an interesting situation with Apple iBooks. I'm selling much more on Apple AU than Apple US. Apple AU will probably overtake Amazon "Foreign" this month. Apple UK has also picked up. Apple US is poor.

If I judged Apple only on the US sales, I would rank them as dismal. Almost everything I sell is Amazon. But when I look at Apple AU and UK, it is very encouraging. Other than the refined tastes and preferences of Australians and Brits, I have no explanation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.