Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,835 Posts
To a certain extent, I agree. But if you write romance, I'd add AllRomanceEbooks to your list. For many authors, it produces bigger results than Amazon, B&N, or Kobo.

That being said, I do happen to have my books on Smashwords and am awaiting getting listed on the various premium outlets. However, when I do marketing pushes, I only ever list the Amazon link. I figure that if someone really wants to buy it somewhere else (because of the perks, etc), then they'll take a quick peak over there regardless of what I link to. But for the more casual reader who doesn't particularly care which store she purchases at, I point them to Amazon, since that's where I get the bulk of my sales (and where I hope to climb the rankings).

· Registered
5,835 Posts
Alain Gomez said:
Most people have a set list in their brain already about where they will buy an ebook. Most of this probably steams from not wanting to create new accounts on every single site. I would argue that the potential customer moves far more readily to a different work rather than a different store.
This. I hate creating new accounts, so if I can't get the book I want at the store I want it, I move on to a different book.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.