Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed Stephen King just wrote a book especially for Kindle. I ordered said book for Kindle. I didn't pay enough attention, because it is being sent to my New Kindle. Probably not that big a problem. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Yes, you may have to change your 1-click default after ordering your new Kindle. (Although, mine is still showing 'Carrie's Kindle' and not my new one. But others have reported that their default has changed to their newly-ordered Kindle so... caution when ordering!

Note: you can sync a Kindle Store book with up to 7 6 different Kindles, as long as they're all tied to the same account. So you should still be able to download it to your Kindle-in-hand, I think.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
This may not really fit here but I just noticed that I have Mel's kindle, the one I own now and 2nd kindle and 3rd kindle. I only ordered one more kindle. I checked my order page and still one kindle. Why are there 3 on my account?

Melissa

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Harvey said:
Note: you can sync a Kindle Store book with up to 7 different Kindles, as long as they're all tied to the same account. So you should still be able to download it to your Kindle-in-hand, I think.
Seven? They've upped the number from six?

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
If you have more than one Kindle on your account, you can change where the book is sent to in your Amazon account pages.  It seems to default to the most recent Kindle purchased until you switch it, then that Kindle becomes the default.  I found that out when I bought a Kindle for my brother.

Go to Manage Your Kindle.  Scroll down to Your orders and individual charges and change where the book is to go to.

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
meljackson said:
This may not really fit here but I just noticed that I have Mel's kindle, the one I own now and 2nd kindle and 3rd kindle. I only ordered one more kindle. I checked my order page and still one kindle. Why are there 3 on my account?

Melissa
Check your account and make sure you didn't click too many times, then check with Customer Support.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
meljackson said:

Melissa
I would double check your open orders to make sure an extra Kindle didn't accidentally get ordered. When I added the extended warranty to my previously existing order, it wanted to put another Kindle in my shopping cart, which I removed. But I was paying attention and noticed this.

L

·
Registered
55 Posts
durphy said:
So I noticed Stephen King just wrote a book especially for Kindle. I ordered said book for Kindle. I didn't pay enough attention, because it is being sent to my New Kindle. Probably not that big a problem. Just a heads up.
This is a pre-order not shipping until Feb 24. So that should be about the time you receive your new Kindle.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
If you have more than one Kindle on your account, you can change where the book is sent to in your Amazon account pages. It seems to default to the most recent Kindle purchased until you switch it, then that Kindle becomes the default. I found that out when I bought a Kindle for my brother.

Betsy
Actually, on my account, the list is in alphabetical order. So my son's Kindle (Camp Larry) is at the top of the list and mine (Sir Sterndale Bennett) is at the bottom.

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Leslie said:
Actually, on my account, the list is in alphabetical order. So my son's Kindle (Camp Larry) is at the top of the list and mine (Sir Sterndale Bennett) is at the bottom.

L
Hmmm. I only have two; I can't remember now, did Amazon automatically name the new one Betsy's Kindle? That might be why it came to the top of the list.... Thanks!

Interesting. Of course you have a zillion kindles on your account. ;D

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Hmmm. I only have two; I can't remember now, did Amazon automatically name the new one Betsy's Kindle? That might be why it came to the top of the list.... Thanks!

Interesting. Of course you have a zillion kindles on your account. ;D

Betsy
The new one would have been "Betsy's 2nd Kindle."

Not a zillion...just five. With colorful names, too: Camp Larry, Catalyst, Guinea Pig, Schnabel, and Sir Sterndale Bennett.

L

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Leslie said:
I would double check your open orders to make sure an extra Kindle didn't accidentally get ordered. When I added the extended warranty to my previously existing order, it wanted to put another Kindle in my shopping cart, which I removed. But I was paying attention and noticed this.

L
I only have one in my cart. I just checked again. I guess I better email them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts