Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea what I did.  I went to search for an item, the Kindle froze, then it unfroze after I had to turn it off, then it went wonky...

After it went wonky, the information was all there but the text looked smaller.  There was about a 3/4 inch blank space under the list of collections or books, and the wireless indicator and battery strength indicator disappeared!

I went through settings and did a restart, but I wondered if anyone else has ever a) had their Kindle just go crazy or b) had things disappear off their screen?

It's a K2 if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Nothing like that, I don't think. I had a few weird things happen sort of similar when trying some different fonts with the font hack on my K2, but I don't think it was quite like you're describing. In my case some of the menus wouldn't work right and maybe not everything would fit on the screen (the font was too big), but I had to fix it by installing a different font.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I have had my K2 do various stranfe things when I turned it off while it seemed frozen due to indexing, especially if the battery level was low. Now, if I think it is due to indexing, I press Menu once andwait without any more button pressing. I will plug the K2 in if It is low. If it takes more than 5 minutes to respond then I do a restart by holding the power switch for 20 seconds, with the K2 unplugged.

One of the strangest symptoms I have seen is what appears to be random large capital letters and tiny other letters in the menus. I will post a picture if I can find one that I captured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts