Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've slacked off a bit, with my blogging.  When I first started I aimed to write a post once a week.  But, it's been three weeks since my last post.  Does it really matter?  Anyone else lack a little discipline when it comes to regular blogging? And how important is it anyway?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I go around and around with this.  More blogging means less writing fiction.  How much impact does the blogging have as opposed to getting out more fiction?  Engagement is supposed to be key.  But sometimes I think that simply having more stuff for them to read (fiction) is a better seller.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Three months would be longest gap to date - so no  I wouldn't worry about 3 weeks myself! There is nothing worse than bloggers who post for the sake of it - if you find the post boring to write guess what it's like to read? I post to build an audience and also to ensure my blog ranks in Google for certain keywords, I don't find that either require blogging. I do try to send a newsletter every month just to stay in contact though

·
Registered
275 Posts
X. Aratare said:
I go around and around with this. More blogging means less writing fiction. How much impact does the blogging have as opposed to getting out more fiction? Engagement is supposed to be key. But sometimes I think that simply having more stuff for them to read (fiction) is a better seller.
You could well be right for fiction -outside of the game-playing fan-fic type niches I am somewhat skeptical too. It's important for non-fiction and I definitely believe you need a website/blog to promote your brand and to build your list from - but whether you need to regularly blog- I'm not sure for fiction.

ETA - I notice OP that you are writing about writing on your blogging - but your books are fiction not about craft. That really is a disconnect - if you are going to blog to support your fiction you need to write what your audience wants to read

1 - 5 of 5 Posts