1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Kind of odd.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Someone had way too much time on their hands!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I show it to my daughters, 18 & 16. We all love Disney movies. 18 yrs old said "I feel cheated. They are reusing the scene..."  :eek:

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Wow... that's pretty nuts.  I always wondered why I always loved The Jungle Book and Robin Hood!  Okay, maybe I didn't wonder that, but still... I wonder how many other frames of animation they reused in the older movies.  It makes sense that they would, the way they had to animate them back then.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Very interesting... but even more interesting is how I never noticed or recognized the fact of the similarities in all those movies. Although the bears from Jungle Book and Robin Hood I knew were the same!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sweety18 said:
Nice. I guess they wanted to keep costs down and didn't feel like inventing new dance steps for their characters ;)
My husband works in animation and says this is a fairly common practice in the industry to keep costs down. It's also a way to save time -- when a studio releases a movie year, after year, those production schedules get quite hectic. A project my husband just finished used a lot of this (especially in the short that will be released when the DVD comes out later this year).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts