Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the Book Klubs going on I got way behind on my wanting to read.  The third book in the Distant Cousin had been "burning a hole" in my kindle, and I knew it was a comfortable read so I went for it.  In a way I wish I had not, now I am through with Distant Cousin and I really really enjoyed it.  The author does need to do a cookbook now, I had a difficult time to not put the book down and go eat.  I don't have Darcy's metabolism and that would not be good for my budget as I would have to repurchase everything and not have any funds to buy books.

Back to the book.  It crosses the line between various cultures in an educational (don't let that word scare you) manner.  It has the intelligent (?) and nice (?) FBI agents, actually working with the CIA.  A Navy Seal shows his true colors and acts just like you expect a Navy Seal to act.  Attorney's that are actually people and not scuzz bags.  And let's not forget the romance!  A good story, a good ending, a soft SciFi genre. 

I highly recommend this book for a comfortable read that does not take a long time and does keep you guessing as to what is going to happen next.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
After reading all the excellent reviews of the series, I've gotten them, and am so divided between jumping in and reading vs. waiting for the Book Klub!  I am enjoying the In Her Name book klub with the author so much that I don't want to miss out on the same with Distant Cousin and Brassman!  Oh well, only a couple more weeks....  Then I imagine the difficulty will be in not reading ahead!

N :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've been sick for the last few days, and was really grateful for these books.  I'm partway through "Reincarnation" right now, and loving it.  I also got a lovely note from Al asking me how I was feeling.  Now, I ask you all- where else would you find wonderful stuff to read AND have the author inquire about your health?  Only on KindleBoards!
Berni
(Thanks, Al!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts