Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here write them?  I'm always on the lookout for more edgy fiction.  For that matter, does anyone here write anything experimental or avant-garde?  I don't write those myself, but I'd sure love to read some!

As for me, I write darkfics.  Definitely not for everyone, but if you like grittier reads you might appreciate them.  Some have gay themes, and all have potential triggering material if you're a trauma survivor, so reader discretion is advised.

·
Super Moderator
67,558 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup yup, I've posted here before, though I've never started my own thread.  I assume it's in the right place, though...?

So do you have any book recs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so muchly for the rec! I checked out Unborn, and now I wish I liked paranormal fiction, especially since it's so popular these days. Zomg I wish I liked paranormal, fantasy or sci fi! It would be so easy to find books then.

Do you like non-paranormal dark fiction? If so, I highly recommend a fic posted on Livejournal called The Withered Lover. Hopefully the author won't mind my linking to it here. This is seriously one of the most disturbing stories I've ever read!

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I think you'll find most of my 12 short stories in lunch break thrillers could be termed edgy. I am uploading the stories separately next week and increasing the price on the compilation so it is worth buying now at 99c

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooh, thanks for the heads up! I bought a copy of Lunchbreak just now.

Yesh yesh, after reading that thread about price perceptions at the Amazon forum I've raised the price of my own book from .99 too. It doesn't pay to offer people a good deal on an ebook if that's actually keeping your sales down, eh?

So are you going to charge .99 for each fic from now on? A lot of people are doing that. I used to think that was rather unfair when compared with an Amazon mp3 that I'll play again and again vs. a book I'll only read once or twice at the most. But if buyers actually prefer higher priced books, then who am I to argue with them?

///_^ []Ɔ

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Ederyn

I write edgier dark fiction. Please check out my novel, Heaven Sent. It's not horror, but it is dark and very contemporary.

Xav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@StephenLivingston: I thought that book sounded familiar! Amazon tells me I bought it back on May 4, but I haven't read it yet. As I recall, someone else recommended it to me after reading my book, saying it would be right up my alley. I'll start reading it tonight!

@Xavier Leret: I've never heard of Heaven Sent before, but I'll go check it out now. It sounds like my kinda thang!

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
ederyn said:
Ooh, thanks for the heads up! I bought a copy of Lunchbreak just now.

Yesh yesh, after reading that thread about price perceptions at the Amazon forum I've raised the price of my own book from .99 too. It doesn't pay to offer people a good deal on an ebook if that's actually keeping your sales down, eh?

So are you going to charge .99 for each fic from now on? A lot of people are doing that. I used to think that was rather unfair when compared with an Amazon mp3 that I'll play again and again vs. a book I'll only read once or twice at the most. But if buyers actually prefer higher priced books, then who am I to argue with them?

///_^ []Ɔ
Thanks for downloading, really appreciated

Yeah, they'll be 99c each. Each download will have a US and a UK Translation, so the reader can choose the language. I'll be doing the same soon with the German translations for De, they will have German or English as a choice. Some of them will have bonus stories.

I uploaded them yesterday on smashwords and sold one before I have even set the ISBN lol. I am going to split Lunch Break thrillers in to two and increase the price. Not everyone wants a compilation, so it's all about giving choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahhhh, it turns out it's just one short story entitled The Wheel of Justice. I didn't know it was part of a larger work. *checks out Kindling now*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts