Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alcoholism is a grounds for divorce. Promiscuity is a grounds for divorce. Is Kindaholism recognized by the courts. What about the fight over custody of the Kindle. Visitation rights. This could really complicate our legal system!  ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Fortunately, my husband has no interest in my Kindle. None at all. So it goes with me!

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
My ex-husband didn't have any interest in my Longaberger baskets either...but he fought me for them.  ::)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Divorce is one thing, but what if I die?  I'll leave my Gertie to the reader in the family, but will she have to send a death certificate to Amazon to get the registration changed to the beneficiary?  On the other hand ... maybe I'll take it with me when I go. 

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm afraid my husband and I would fight over the tools and the pets.  But I have my Kindle and he has his Sony Reader, no fight there.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Gertie,

If you get a 32 gig SD card, it could probably hold about 32,000 books. So don't give the Kindle to someone in your family when you die; load it up with 32,000 books and take it with you, reading for all eternity. Of course you might need to have a handy electrical plug put into the coffin with a lot of extra batteries.  ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
My husband loves his trade magazines, so there would not be a fight.

·
Registered
433 Posts
stevene9 said:
Dear Gertie,

If you get a 32 gig SD card, it could probably hold about 32,000 books. So don't give the Kindle to someone in your family when you die; load it up with 32,000 books and take it with you, reading for all eternity. Of course you might need to have a handy electrical plug put into the coffin with a lot of extra batteries. ;)
I was going to suggest a solar generator, but....

·
Registered
167 Posts
My husband is not a reader so my Kindle will definitely go with me. I would get the dog too as he got him for me!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
durphy said:
I was going to suggest a solar generator, but....
Since I live in the Sunshine State, that might work. Of course, it would have to stick up above the ground like a periscope and I'd probably need my book light as well. Heck, I think I'll just build myself a pyramid and take EVERYTHING with me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
drenee said:
My ex-husband didn't have any interest in my Longaberger baskets either...but he fought me for them. ::)
:eek: Oh horrors!!! My 17 year marriage isn't doing well. I said he could have everything, I don't really care - but I didn't mean my kindle or my longabergers!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Well, since I don't foresee a divorce in my future, I have nothing to fear... and since the hubby is not a big reader, then I still have nothing to fear!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
stevene9 said:
Dear Gertie,

If you get a 32 gig SD card, it could probably hold about 32,000 books. So don't give the Kindle to someone in your family when you die; load it up with 32,000 books and take it with you, reading for all eternity. Of course you might need to have a handy electrical plug put into the coffin with a lot of extra batteries. ;)
too funny, I can picture it now...

oops, forgot to write what I was going to say. Hubby dosen't read Kindle so that is safe. I told him if we ever divorce for grounds of not getting along and he was the one who wants out, I get everything and if I want out, he gets everything. Makes it easy to stay together that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts