Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you remember back a few years ago, you could promote a free book on Amazon, and all free book downloads counted as sales, thus boosting your page ranking. Amazon has since done away with this feature, and now free book downloads don't do anything for ranking.

My question is, do you know of other book vendors which still have this policy? For example, would Kobo, or Apple, or Google Play count "free" downloads as sales, thus pushing you up in their page algorithms.

Anybody know the answer to this?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Depends on the retailer. Kobo and Amazon free "sales" don't affect rank. Of course, these are the stores I see the most benefit with ranking with future sales, so ... kind of makes sense.

The ranking needle does move for B&N, but where are the top lists for B&N? Do people look at them? I don't know.

I can't find ranking displayed on Apple and Google Play (perhaps others can help here).

·
Banned
34 Posts
they haven't done away with anything... just separated the rankings for free and paid, instead of having a consolidated list like the way they did before. so it would be wrong to say that the number of free book downloads don't do anything for ranking since they do help with your ranking amongst the free books

1 - 3 of 3 Posts