Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm switching over from a farcical military serial to a more serious one. It is still the same serial, same characters, but the characters have grown more serious over time and I've described situations much more realistically than I did in the first three books. Here's the cover for book #3 of the trilogy.

And here's the new book cover.

So is "misadventure" too close to "adventure" in the series name or with the drastically new cover it it okay?

And if not okay, any suggestions for a new series name?

eg "Navy SEAL Exploits #1"

Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
The new cover looks much more professional, but I'd stick with "misadventure" and ditch the large "Navy Seals."

Without "misadventure," readers might expect a high-paced drama without humor.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C. Gold said:
I like the shift from misadventure to adventure. I do think the book title should dump Navy Seals since that's incorporated in the subtitle.
Thanks C. Gold. Yeah, I know, it's like if there's an apple on the cover don't have "apple" in the title. But I don't want to give up the title starring with "Navy SEAL" for search purposes and what have you. Plus people won't see the subtitle 9 times out of 10. I'd rather give up "Navy SEAL" in the series name, but then what would that be? lol (It's always something.)

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GrandmaBirdie said:
The new cover looks much more professional, but I'd stick with "misadventure" and ditch the large "Navy Seals."

Without "misadventure," readers might expect a high-paced drama without humor.
Thanks Grandma. The thing is it is more of a high-paced drama (but it does have humor). That's why I'm making the shift.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

maybe use the same cover format of the previous series, only change the cover color and do a small layout change (but not much). That way the books look like they belong together, but they are separate series.

Serious a Navy - Sunk in the Everglades

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Writer999 said:
Hi,

maybe use the same cover format of the previous series, only change the cover color and do a small layout change (but not much). That way the books look like they belong together, but they are separate series.

Serious a Navy - Sunk in the Everglades
Wow, Writer, that's a brilliant suggestion, thanks. Only thing is my first series is so silly I'd really prefer no one contemplating reading the new series see it. IOW I'm thinking if they see how silly the first series is, they won't try the second.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts