Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not referring to free book specials, which obviously do increase in price.

Generally, when a Kindle book goes down in price, is there a possibility of that price ever increasing again? For example, someone mentioned one of the Obama books in another thread. Is that a special limited time sale because he just became president, or can we safely count on the new lower price to stay the same (or even decrease further over time)?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I've seen it happen.... I think the Obama book just came out in paperback, which is why the price dropped. I have great timing.  :p

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Book prices change all the time. A new book comes out, is offered at a steep discount to encourage sales, then goes back to the list price when the newness wears off. Then all of a sudden the book comes out as a movie, it's republished, offered at a whole different price.

It's like anything...you find a good deal and buy it, good for you. You pay a higher price when something is new...well, you got the benefit of it being new.

I am a little mystified why many people expect Kindle book prices to be static. If they were, they'd probably be $9.99 -- for all of them. Is that what we really want? I sure don't!

And Pidgeon...I posted a comment to your message over on the other thread.

L

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leslie said:
I am a little mystified why many people expect Kindle book prices to be static. If they were, they'd probably be $9.99 -- for all of them. Is that what we really want? I sure don't!
Oh I definitely agree with you. The reason I'm asking is because I don't want to overload my Kindle now by snapping up all of the good deals before I even get the device in my hands. That other thread about the battery issues has me a bit wary about buying too much too soon.

G

·
CS said:
Oh I definitely agree with you. The reason I'm asking is because I don't want to overload my Kindle now by snapping up all of the good deals before I even get the device in my hands. That other thread about the battery issues has me a bit wary about buying too much too soon.
CS. Like I said in the other thread, you won't have anything to worry about. As far as I know, I'm the only one that's ever had that problem, but that's only because I went totally whacko and bought everything in sight. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.