Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are print editions treated like new books? Meaning, if I release one for an ebook that's a few years old, will it boost the book's visibility? Hope this isn't confusing.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
If you start selling a ton of it and the algo notices, I suppose it could boost your kindle version a bit. However, your print book has its own ranking and ASIN, even though they tie the two together in the store.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ImaWriter said:
If you start selling a ton of it and the algo notices, I suppose it could boost your kindle version a bit. However, your print book has its own ranking and ASIN, even though they tie the two together in the store.
Thanks, I guess what I meant to ask is--will the print versions be treated like new releases? Thus getting more visibility at first before falling off the 30-day cliff?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Likely no, since people buying print books will not likely be buying the ebook (this is different for non fiction where that is not unusual).

However an uptake in print sales (not release) will show the algorythm that there is interest in your book which might them give signals to try ranking it higher on the ebook scale as well. People who bought your book also bought this book in sale - meaning that similar audiences for the ebook should be tempted as well in ebook. For certain categories that will be the cover alone I guess.

If you want to delve deeper into this kind of topic, google "similar audience ads" Amazon is already doing this (likely more in the other categories like hard goods) but the theory is the same across all big ad companies (google, facebook, amazon) etc.

"But i did not ask about advertising"  - yes but how shops rank products ties deeply in with the results and learning from that other department (usually called paid and organic to show the differences) hth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts