Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
For me the far-future sci-fi stuff sometimes is too "out there" for me.  I really enjoy the more near-future stuff, both books and movies.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I do enjoy it, particularly Crichton. Not my favorite genre but one I certainly read

·
Registered
20,438 Posts
for some reason, i don't consider crichton to be scifi, but thriller.  since i don't like thriller, i don't look at crichton's stuff.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just read State of Fear and although I liked it, I feel I would have liked it even more if not for all the background information that Crichton goes through. Sometimes my eyes would glaze over with a lot of the longer factual information. But the man is thorough. He even had info graphs included.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I've started State Of Fear about 3 times and I just can't get into it. Odd as I usually love his stuff. I preferred Prey. I do think that lately though, his books have been written with a movie in mind - scenes written specifically to look great on film.

Anyone read Tess Gerritson's Gravity? That's kind of near-sf and I thought it was amazing. Not tried anything else of her's yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts