Kindle Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Yesterday I went into a custom installer's store in my area to order a new HDTV and stand as well as installation.

I brought my K2 along so I would have something to pass the time while I waited for a cab to take me home.

While I was in the store, two different people asked my for a demonstration of the K2. From their reaction, I suspect there will be two more K2's purchased in the near future.

Of course, figuring what I spent in the store, I could have purchased enough books for the K2 to keep me supplied for life if I didn't make the purchase.

I just had one yesterday.  I have only had my K2 for a week, so I haven't had it out in public too many times yet.  Yesterday my wife had to get some blood drawn, and I had the kindle with me while I was in the waiting room at the hospital.  A nice lady next to me asked if that was a book reader, I told her it was a Kindle.  She was kind of surprised, said she has never seen one.  I guess she wanted one but people told her not to get it.  I showed her mine, and what I liked about it, and she said she was sold :)

Does it count if they're five years old?

I went to pick up DD at school today, and the kids were all out on the playground.  As usual, she wanted a little extra time on the playground, and since the weather was gorgeous I told her she could stay until they closed (another half hour or so), went to get my Kindle, and sat on the playground bench in the sun for some peaceful reading time.  

I had mostly kept it away from her so far, for safety's sake.  So she came to sit next to me, asked if that was my new "book thingy", and then asked what I was going to read on it.  I showed her the list of titles, and pointed out that I had her Just-So Stories on there.  (I had downloaded a sample, mostly to check how the formatting compared to her book.)  So she wanted me to read it to her.  The sample only contained two of the stories, so I had to buy the book then and there on the playground to read two of the others as well....  And then she asked whether I had the Wizard of Oz, her current favorite, so I bought that too, and started reading her THAT....  (normally she'd want to read it by herself, but I'm not handing the K2 over...)  Anyway, from about halfway through the first Just-So story, we started attracting other kids, and by the time we started on WO I had fifteen kids draped over my bench listening.  And asking questions about the "book thing" between each story.  There are a lot of parents who are hearing about this tonight....   :D

So I got to the dentist early today and decided to wait outside to catch up on a little reading.  During the 15 minutes I was trying to read, so many people going into the building asked my about my K that I only got through 2 page turns.  Most of them were aware of the K but had never seen one.  Since I was sitting on the ground and nobody wanted to get down there with me, nobody got a demo.  Then when I see the dentist he told me he should be mad at me because now his wife has a K and he is getting one because they kept seeing me with mine and liked it so much (yeah, I've been there a lot).  Now I like my K, and I like showing it off, but this happens almost every time I go out and I'm getting kind of tired of it.  Sometimes I just want to read.

I was asked about my K1 for the very first time today.  I was sitting on a bench and reading in Central Park for about an hour before a man with a bicycle asked me and I gave him a demo.  He was a very friendly sort of person and had spoken to to other people first.  I mistakenly thought that I could show him the font sizes in the contents pages, but it doesn't work there.  He did ask about the price, but he didn't wince when I told him.

I'm sure that younger women are being asked far more often than I am, but I don't really care if anyone asks me or not.

at my eye apt. yesterday i got asked by the girls that worked there about her...of course i launched into the sales pitch...they thought it was amazing....one did say "it would be way cooler if you could play games on it too!"...i laughed and said well then it wouldnt be about the books...(smart mouth i have sorry :-X)....

a friend of mine called me and asked me all sorts of questions after seeing me gloating on facebook about my K2...said he wanted a first hand account before he just read online reviews...i sent him here as well.... ;D

I too get fewer now that it's in a skin and an Oberon :)

But I also am getting the "is that a Kindle?" more often than "what is that?" I think that's a good sign.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.