Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I can see, most of you are publishing with the intent of generating revenue via downstream book sales across the common platforms.

With that out of the way, are there any of you that actively publish content with the express purpose of generating leads for your business or initiatives? Many of you would likely associate this to what most would consider to be a "lead magnet" type of content.

I'm particularly interested in hearing from those of you that publish content related to any or all of the following topics: Business, Career, Finance, Lifestyle, Technology, and Work/Life Balance.

If so, please respond and tell me a little more about the content your create and how your existing lead generation efforts have been going.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Most everyone here are writing and publishing fiction. We sell books to sell books, not to send people to other sites.

Selling nonfiction isn't always like selling fiction. You have a different market, different customer needs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unkownwriter said:
Most everyone here are writing and publishing fiction. We sell books to sell books, not to send people to other sites.

Selling nonfiction isn't always like selling fiction. You have a different market, different customer needs.
Thanks for the response...I'm new here. I had assumed as such but was optimistic that there were a few folks lurking that leaned more towards non-fiction.

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you write non-fiction that ties into a related, real world business a book could definitely help you. It could position you as an expert in your field, allow you to give it away for free as a mailing list builder for that business, and you could send it to journalists, who may then interview you when the topic of your book comes up in an article.

(Like if you're a financial planner by trade, and you publish a guide on some topic that is related and useful for your audience.)

Does it need to be on the Amazon store? No.
You would likely be better off putting it on the Web site or social media of that business.

Of course, all of this is assuming you have a real world business, and you posted this question looking for advice on creating a book for said business.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's simply a question of the customer journey. When I go to amazon to look for a book about career help, I am there to find a book for a certain price or two. I am not willing to pay for advertisement or finance a brochure.

If the content of your book is so valuable that I want to do more with it / with you, then a lead at the end can be useful and might get traction - but first your book needs to be bought between million of other books.

It is just not there. A book in this case can however be a vehicle to get into other places - there is a difference between having a book and having a downloadable pdf for a signup somewhere. You might get opportunities with journalists and blogger / podcasts. That however requires you to have a solid strong value offering in the book - as you currently ask "Business, Career, Finance, Lifestyle, Technology, and Work/Life Balance." there is a clear indication that you do not have that nor have that planned. Those opportunities do not come to people who have "a book" or "a lot of books in many topics" - it needs to be something of value for the other side.

If you are basically just producing another lead magnet type of content piece, then there is no reason to put a book store in the mix, just go out and make a proper marketing funnel and spend more time on ads and conversion. Since leads are your interest, you will have a clear budget for that and can work from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts