Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think writing about the hereafter is fascinating. Of course, we don't know anything about the hereafter so it requires a lot of imagination. All we can say for sure is that it is suppose to be paradise, if we go to the right place.

I wrote a novel called Nowhere in Particular where I wrote about the Other Side and the couple's life there and how they adjusted to spirit form. It was interesting writing about it and I may write some more novels about the Other Side.

Of course, the hereafter could be the traditional heaven or hell too.

Do you ever write about the hereafter?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I do, in 'Lethe' except my depiction of it is not very pretty. Let's just say it's a vision of a hereafter that's run down after all these millennia and God is an absentee landlord with a bad manager. Readers have called it 'disturbing.'

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
In my book Amulet 2, the main character dies and gets to experience the afterlife. He's on a train taking him to his final destination. The headlight of the train is the 'light' that people see in near-death experiences.

I'm currently listening to the audio book "Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives" by David Eagleman, which contains forty short stories, all having to do with what the afterlife is like. There's a wide variety of suppositions, and many of them are thought provoking.

http://www.amazon.com/Sum-Forty-Afterlives-David-Eagleman/dp/0307377342

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hi Franklin,

Yes, that's actually what The End of the World is all about. I took my cues from the state of Bardo from The Tibetan Book of the Dead - an intermediate state where the dead arrive prior to rebirth. In my book, The End of the World is actually the name of a bed & breakfast establishment where...yes, the dead arrive prior to rebirth...the lucky ones, at least.

Your book sounds very interesting. I'll definitely have to check it out.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't presently have an ebook published about the hereafter, but I do have a story on my web site regarding it.

The story is about what happens to the hero of all my novels presently on Amazon, after he dies (and so in that way is related to my existing ebooks):

My first day in the afterlife
http://www.jmooneyham.com/my-first-day-in-the-afterlife.html

(please note this story is basically a public draft)

·
Registered
989 Posts
These Hellish Happenings (the entire series, really) takes/will take place predominantly in Hell. So there you go. :p

I write about a very modern, humanized Hell, though. Infernal board meetings, the Registration Office of the Damned, those sorts of things. And I have reasons for why my Hell is that way, but that would be an enormous spoiler for the second book, haha!

But I've always been interested in the hereafter. It's always shown up in my writing ever since I was in middle school.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts