Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1138 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm proudly owned by 3 basset hounds and 2 cats. My bassets are my kids and my pride and joy. They are so sweet, goofy, funny and naughty and I love every minute of it. I'm definately a basset-a-holic, so much so that I'm the foster coordinator for my local basset rescue.

Rosie, my only girl

Tucker during a mommy and me trip to Carmel beach

Rosie on the left and Tucker on the right sharing a chair at a friends house

This is my buddy Miles, he's such a sweet snuggly boy and he likes to moan and groan when he's happy

the 4 of us after agility class

Oh, and for those who think Bassets are lazy :) ... well, ok, they can be.

last years Christmas card

and my kitties

This is Binky

and this is Andy

Let's see yours,
Cindy

·
Registered
195 Posts
Great dogs! I especially like your Christmas card.

We have a Dalmatian named Pete, and two cats -- Lucy and Dixie. I would live on a farm with tons of animals if I could! I love animals!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Well...I still have this one.

(he doesn't usually play dress up).

Here's a book recommendation Old Dogs: Are The Best Dogs by Gene Weingarten (pictures by Michael Williamson). Get the guilty dead tree version though, the pictures are half the book.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh, I love all the pictures of everyone's wonderful pets!

We have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (named Corki) who is absolutely the best dog we ever had.

Here she is peering over the coffee table at us. She does this a lot and we can only assume she thinks she's hiding. I don't think she realizes she has those ears.

Cork likes to plow her way through the wildflowers on the side of the road and now wears her Doggles when we go walking to keep her from having a repeat of the eye infection she had a few months ago.

This seems to be her favorite pose.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aww, Corki is so cute! 

And I just love the senior lab too.  Senior dogs are pretty awesome, I rescued a 10 yr old from our local shelter a few months back, poor guy was so skinny and had nails a mile long but he was just as sweet as can be.  He's now living out his retirement in a wonderful new home and will never go hungry again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cindy,

Thanks for the nice words about Cork.

Rosie looks like a bit of a card! And Miles...what a sweetie! I don't think I've ever seen a Basset in agility but would love to. Your dogs and cats are so sweet looking. I, too, love the older dog especially in his birthday finery. He's so regal looking even with the red beads and flowered crown.

Linda

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, Rosie is quite the card! I actually have video's of Rosie & Miles in our agility for fun class on youtube. Here are the links.

- Rosie

- Miles

As you can see they get distracted easily ... lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh Cindy, that's the kewlest thing I've seen in a long time! I love the tunnel...how they went in and didn't come out until you tapped on it. I love Miles' jumping style and aren't they both so proud of themselves. Too cute.

I wanted to do agility with Cork but she doesn't do well around other dogs. In fact, she growled all through the videos just from hearing your dogs bark. She came from a rescue where she was attacked by another dog and her trainer seems to think she's afraid but covers it with bravado. She's somewhat better now but not enough that I could go into a room filled with dogs and expect her to do agility.

Gotta go watch those videos again...

Linda

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I'm speechless!  They are so beautiful.  What a pick me upper...Thanks guys all of you.  I enjoy looking at all the pics. 

·
Registered
146 Posts

This is Sassy, my parents baby, and Azul (RIP) my hamster. She's not actually attacking him, she's babysitting. I put him down next to her, and waited until he made a break for it. She is trying to make him stay put. They got along very well.

Another, with my finger in the pic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh my gosh, Sassy looks so much like the kitty we lost this past summer at the age of 13.

This is Ms. Smith AKA Smitty, convinced that she could fit in any box she chose to inhabit.

G

·
Here is my adorable companion:

His name is Pippin. He is a papillion who's second birthday in on November 22. Usually his ears have a full fringe, but we had some allergy issues a couple of weeks ago. The second pic shows his fringe a bit better.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh Pippin is adorable! Look at those ears, aren't they beautiful with all that lovely hair on them. He's so cute and I'll bet, at two years old, he's a busy little guy too. Happy early birthday, Pippin!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have a Lhasa Apso named Harley Davidson... Harley was born on May 11, 2000 and came to live with us 8 weeks later. Harley hates the water, but loves to ride on the wave runner and in the boat.
This was taken Christmas 2000 (I cropped Santa out)

·
Registered
273 Posts
My daughter and my grandson. (My son just thinks that Duke will go with him whenever it is that he moves out.)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
You guys are really cheering me up. I love looking at all the pics. (I'm jealous...but I love looking) Thanks so much.

My beloved (late) Sophia-Loren
And my 4 Nephews---:

·
Registered
829 Posts
These are my babies - in order: Deebo, Jezzie, Piggie, and Maggie. I love them all so much my heart hurts sometimes.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I was an only human child, but I had a brother beagle (my age 7 - 19).  He's loooong gone, but I still miss him.  There will never be another.  He was so sweet.

So I've had birds.  From '86 - '96, I had a grey singing finch named Chloe Anne Suzana Carolina Savannah.  The names just kept adding on through the years.  When I bought her, I didn't know what I was getting and the pet shop didn't know what they were sellling.  I came to find out grey singing finches are rare!  Finches are flighty little things -- you don't tame them.  During her ten years she did become sick.  I took her to the vet who gave me medicine to feed her with a dropper.  So I had to catch her a few times a day for 2 or 3 weeks.  She became tame.  She was a sweet little thing.  She layed a few tiny eggs which I still have.  Ultimately, she died on the same day as my mother.  Two good ones gone on the same day.

Now I have a Rosey Bourkes parakeet.  They're not your usual parakeet / budgie.  For one thing, they're mostly a salmon pink with some black and white (and a little deep deep blue if it's a boy).  Different looking.  Big thing about Rosey Bourkes -- they DO NOT bite.  They just don't know how.  They threaten like most any bird, but they don't know how?!  Her name is Lucy Anna.

1 - 20 of 1138 Posts