Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking for a cover designer with portfolio. My budget is 80 usd. I'd love to explore the most affordable options.
Any recommendations? Thank you!

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
With $80 you should look at premades. Even then, you won't have a ton of options. Most really good premades are $100-150.

Go on write has some of the cheapest, good quality premades. That is a good way to go.

·
Registered
Sea of Two Suns
178 Posts
Hi, looking for a cover designer with portfolio. My budget is 80 usd. I'd love to explore the most affordable options.
In my experience you get what you pay for with cover design and quality doesn't come cheap. For that budget you are looking at premade/stock covers. The average for professional design runs about 400-600 USD.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
It depends on the genre.

For a genre with simple covers, plenty of good designers charge $150-300. Great designers often charge $300-600, but lots of good designers charge less.

For a genre with heavy photoshop needs, a good cover will start around $250.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Unless you are established, you should be just fine finding someone on fiverr that uses stock images. You can get a nice cover for under $50 that way. For $80 you won’t be happy with the quality of an original cover.

·
Registered
625 Posts

I have bought a number of covers from them and they are excellent. You can get custom made print and ebook covers for $15 (using 2 premade pics), or if you want fancier effects for $25. If you just want an ebook cover they can do it for $5. Can't beat those prices.

And like the others have said, goonwrite.com is pretty good too. Excellent premades, especially if you check out the bargain basement section. Bargain Bin $15 Premade Book Covers

·
Registered
208 Posts

I have bought a number of covers from them and they are excellent. You can get custom made print and ebook covers for $15 (using 2 premade pics), or if you want fancier effects for $25. If you just want an ebook cover they can do it for $5. Can't beat those prices.

And like the others have said, goonwrite.com is pretty good too. Excellent premades, especially if you check out the bargain basement section. Bargain Bin $15 Premade Book Covers
I tried to use getcovers for a reader magnet. Their first answer was: what you want to do requires $20 extra.

At this point, I explained it was for a reader magnet and that I didn't want to spend more money on something I'd give out for free, so I suggested a different, simpler approach... Next thing I know they're saying no problem, that'll be an extra $10.

Don't get me wrong, those prices are still cheap, I'm well aware of that, but what I disliked is that they advertise $5 covers and then in EVERY message tried to upsell me, even when I told them it was for a magnet. They really should set $20-25 as their basic price and be done with it. They'd still be the cheapest on the market and get plenty of clients, perhaps even more since they wouldn't need to constantly upsell.

Ended up cancelling and doing the cover myself. Which I enjoyed doing.

I've actually been wondering if I shouldn't start doing some professionally LOL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You may have found what you're looking for already but I discuss ways to have your cover designed with a breakdown of costs in my YouTube video, Book Cover Design, the Real COSTS, & my Cover Reveal // For Self Publishing Writers. I compiled hours of online research in an easy to read ebook which I sell on Amazon but I offer it free through the video. Hopefully that might help you or someone!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Join Alessanra Torre's Inkers Facebook group and find their Friendly Friday post, where artists and other author services list their wares.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts