Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I hereby would like to introduce you to my thriller The Kennedy Secret. If you're a fan of Robert Ludlum, David Baldacci, and Vince Flynn you won't want to miss this fast-paced adventure.

An assassin who betrays his master
A con man running for his life
The most fascinating family in American history...

Government hitman Donovan Flood is looking forward to retirement after a last assignment. But it never is as easy as it seems and he soon finds himself involved in tying up loose ends following the assassination of a man with secrets, Robert Kennedy. Flood and his partner have to unravel the mystery of who really wanted Kennedy dead. And why.

They must race against the clock and their quest leads them to Vegas mobsters, to powerful politicians, and KGB agents. When their journey takes them into the jungles of Bolivia, nobody knows what to expect... or if they can even make it out alive.

This meticulously-researched thriller clocks in at 102,000 words.

All through July, The Kennedy Secret will be available at only $.99 on Amazon and all Smashwords affiliates.

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Steve, and congratulations on your book! :)

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . follow the directions there to be listed. :)

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah-ha! There might be something more ominous lurking underneath, Art.

But I'll give you a hint, the secret is not the presence of crabs ;)

BTW, I'm doing an Extreme Makeover for the cover this weekend, so stay tuned...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Steve Richer said:
Ah-ha! There might be something more ominous lurking underneath, Art.

But I'll give you a hint, the secret is not the presence of crabs ;)

BTW, I'm doing an Extreme Makeover for the cover this weekend, so stay tuned...
M-m-m-m--Mister Hoffa...
;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(You might have noticed I changed the cover.)

Assassins, con men, mobsters. They might be the most trustworthy people in 1968 America!

Let yourself be pulled into the infamous events of the most tumultuous year in recent history. Go along on a treasure hunt which will lead you to learn...

...The Kennedy Secret.​

And remember that all through July, the novel is available for only $.99 on Amazon and Smashwords affiliates.

[edited because using proper vocabulary is way cooler]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all, I want to offer my congratulations to Victoria, Molly, and Purango, the winners of The Kennedy Secret giveaway that was hosted at CMash Loves To Read!

And now I think it's time for you to get to know Mike Beecher, the one-legged for-profit intelligence officer. Smart and charming, he specializes in fixing problems that don't have solutions.

Want to sleep with a movie star?

Want to get your book of bad poetry published?

Want your company to pay for the trip to the Caribbean you're taking with your mistress?

Mike Beecher is your man! But will he be able to outsmart the CIA death squad which is after him? Can he put the pieces together to solve the Kennedy secret?

Last chance, the novel is available for only $.99 on Amazon and Smashwords affiliates. There are less than 10 days remaining on this remarkable offer. It was my first discount and I seem to sell more when priced higher so don't miss your opportunity because I'm jacking this baby up in August!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey everyone!

Just got my first review of The Kennedy Secret on Amazon and it's 5 stars!

The highlight:

"It was funny, complex and very entertaining. It was brilliantly written and very knowledgeable. It kept me guessing till the end."
And yesterday the first blog review was posted. It's a very entertaining article in which the reviewer, Cari, starts talking about her exciting date. She raves about my book toward the end.

She has this to say:

"I'd rank Steve's writing up there with some of the best thriller authors today. It was interesting, thrilling and a fun read."
And this!

"If my numbers went higher, I would have given it a #20, because a #10, is just not enough. This was a way, way, way bitch'n read!"
See for yourself by downloading a copy of The Kennedy Secret today! This is the last call for the $0.99 discount. Next week it's jumping to $3.99.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New price is active, sales are good, and reviewers are raving.

The Kennedy Secret is a must-read for thriller fans!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ever wanted to know what a 1960s-flavored treasure hunt would look like with CIA assassins and KGB agents on your tail? This is the book for you.

The Kennedy Secret. Read it, know it, live it!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Considering I'm getting a lot of attention these days thanks to my free story The Whatever Society, I'm dropping down the price of The Kennedy Secret to $.99 for the time being.

Just, you know, so you know...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you see it? Uh, did you come across it during your many hours searching the darkest recesses of the inter-tubes, looking into my novel The Kennedy Secret?

Of course, I'm talking about my latest glowing review! Michelle Vasquez over at Life in Review said stuff like:

"It's a wonderfully complex story line that has all sorts of twists and surprises. On top of that, there are some characters that I really grew to care about."

and

"The author has obviously done his homework when it comes to the historical aspects of this story! Then he blends in fictional characters and a compelling story that will have you on the edge of your seat."

You can read the full review at http://lifeinreviewblog.wordpress.com/2011/08/22/life-in-review-the-kennedy-secret-by-steve-richer/

Oh and to take advantage of one of my free short stories which advertises this novel, The Kennedy Secret is back at $.99 for a little while!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This book will tell you how to murder someone with nicotine.

Well, actually I had to refrain myself from giving detailed instructions so I wouldn't become some Al Qaeda poster boy. But it's still vaguely explained.

It's in Chapter 1.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts