Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was quite curious as to whether or not you make a big deal out of matching your Kindle accessories. I mean, I'm pretty sure that I'll be changing BB bags and DG skins quite frequently, but I'm not sure whether I should have them match. Even I do decide to do that, it will get quite pricey. So, I was curious as to how of you guys match all the way, don't match at all, or somewhere in between.

Also, some DG skin questions for you guys, is it a custom order if you want a color changed on a skin? Do you give them an example of what color you want? How long does a custom order take? How much do they generally cost? Thanks!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I do like my things to match, at least to some degree.  Now, I do not have a BorsaBella, which makes  it a bit easier.  I carry my K in my purse or my work bag.  But I did put a lot of thought into my skin and cover combination. 
deb

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I don't fret matching much--my fern Oberon doesn't match with the red Japanese BorsaBella bag, but it does with the Martini Dots pattern.  The skin sorta coordinates with the cover, but I've also got a brown sleeve & the black Amazon cover, and about a billion purses that may not match any of these.  I buy what I like looking at, since generally speaking I'm the only one who sees it.

And yes, a changed color on a DG skin is a custom order.  I'm sure luvmy4brats will be along with more details, she's one of the ones here who have done that.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean, I see a ton of DG skins on their site, and I love the color they're already in, but I might want to change the color if I'm doing the whole matching thing. Though, I think it would be more of a hassle.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have the Avenue of Trees Oberon Design cover in Fern (green), the DecalGirl skin in Humidor (red) and the BorsaBella travel bag in Poppin' Spring. Coordinate - sort of, match - no. ;)

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have one skin that goes with all of my covers.  Haven't found a need to change it yet.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I like matching, but not to the degree that I'd buy multiple covers and change them to go with my clothes or something. I would buy a cover and skin that would color coordinate and look good together, but I'm most likely to buy a black cover because it goes with a lot of skins. I'd rather spend my money on books.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I honestly don't think any of stuff will match, but I think I'll try. It's just that I will have to go custom then. Most likely, I'll just change the color. But, if the skin looks good the way it, I'll just keep it that way. I don't know. All this customization stuff is getting to my head.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I like for things to match, but I loved the World Tree Oberon in green and the DecalGirl "Stand Alone" skin makes me feel really tranquil, so I went for it. The combination doesn't match, but it doesn't actually clash, either. (Were it to clash horribly, I couldn't possibly have gone with that combination.) As it is now, I love my Oberon and my "Stand Alone" skin!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got 2 custom skins from DG.  I told them what color I wanted on 3 styles.  They sent me an email with photo's attached of the 3 designs in the color.  I picked the 2 I wanted.  They sent back the information to do the custom ordering. 

I won't tell you how long it takes, because I don't know.  There were some minor issues with mine, but I think Luv got hers in a week or so.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I just got the Flower Cloud skin from DG for my K2.  It's pretty colorful and goes w/alot of things. Right now I'm using the Noreve cover in blue (the darker one, can't remember the name) and I'm using the BB Travel Bag in Lunar Blue.  I also have the M-Edge Platform in Navy Blue and another Noreve in Olive Green.  I think they will all coordinate to some degree but I don't go out of my way to "match" stuff up together.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Not so much match, but coordinate or at least don't clash :)

I like red... So my red Oberon River Garden case, with Orient DG skin and Shower Clouds BB travel bag all go quite well together.

If I do go for one of the new blue covers (where are you, Seaside?!), then I'll probably get a more neutral DG skin that would go with both Oberons. Probably Quest.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have nine covers from blue, red pink, green, saddle sapphire.. and a few multiples in others.. and I like to match up, so I know what you mean.. but I found a GREAT skin that works with all my covers, it looks great with the Oberons and the MEdge colors.. check it out..

I do change the skins but it is a hassle this one looks wonderful and I dont have to mess with it nearly as much as I do the others

This is decalgirl Waterfall

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
after saying I did not like skins on my K1 and she still is happy nakid and Oberon  w/ velcro . I skinned my K2 with that one and she is very lovely. I think there is enough room on k2 for skin and  oberon corners. she is decked out. it might those enablers ..maybe...
sylvia

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I felt the same way.. got skins and when Kindle was naked again it bugged me. LOL I found the white too distracting.. go figure :)

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Annie,

I had DecalGirl customize one of the skins for me. It turned out gorgeous. So much so that I haven't had any desire to switch it out (which for me is amazing). I don't believe it took any longer than any of the others I've ordered. I live about 45 minutes from them and I usually get my skins within about 3-5 days. It is a bit more to customize. If I remember correctly, it was $27 shipped.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.