Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, I've gotten two PMs from people who liked my tutorial on making a cover for the Amazon K2 cover and would like me to sew one for them. (Thanks, you guys!) Here's a link, if you didn't see the tutorial: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,8235.0.html

Do you guys think there's a market for this? I was wondering about maybe selling them on Etsy or something. I know making a cover for a cover seems awfully silly ... but then again, the idea apparently has some appeal to people besides me!

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Yes I definitely think they are marketable. I think you will get alot from kindleboards alone!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I think so too, especially id they could be designed just to slip on and off so that there were interchangeable? I thin I saw yours but am not sure how they were put on? What would be nice is is you could make them and just send them to the person so you do not need a cover in hand? Etsy might be a good way to go and I think you could also do a post on the sell & trade page.

As far as pricing, taking into account your cost and time but I would say around 20.00 or 25.00 would be fair and doable for most people.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Being one of the people who ask you to make a cover for me ;D I think there is a market for the covers. I am so happy you are making one for me. There is no way I could have made one for myself. I have a feeling that I will want to order more covers in the future. ;D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Octochick: Yup, you just slip them on over the regular Amazon cover. They've very easy to take on and off, and could easily be interchangeable. $20 is in fact what I've been charging so far, but those have been fairly basic covers -- no expensive/fancy fabric or anything.

Anne, thank you so much for your order! I would certainly be happy to make more in the future for you :)

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Sanveann said:
Octochick: Yup, you just slip them on over the regular Amazon cover. They've very easy to take on and off, and could easily be interchangeable. $20 is in fact what I've been charging so far, but those have been fairly basic covers -- no expensive/fancy fabric or anything.

Anne, thank you so much for your order! I would certainly be happy to make more in the future for you :)
You are welcome. I love the idea I can have different looks for the Amazon Kindle Cover by changing the outside cover.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trekker, thanks for your thoughts! I added a link to the original post in this thread.

I know the Amazon cover does limit the people who may be interested, but I have NO idea how to reproduce their hinge (which I really like!). That's the main reason I initially made a cover for my Amazon cover -- because I loved how it worked, but I wanted something more decorative. I don't like either the corners OR the Velcro!

I can't quite figure out how Strangedog's covers work ... I know he has metal clips, but I can't see them clearly enough on his Web site to figure out what he's doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts