Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've read that adding a black skin or decal to your Kindle 2 can improve the text to background contrast (or one's perception of it, anyway). Has anyone tried this and found it to be true? Or not true?

tx,
k.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well, any dark skin. I found the stark white distracting, and when I applied a darker skin the screen did seem to "pop" better.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
It's similar to using lipstick to make your teeth look whiter.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
I replaced a DG Tropics skin with a black one and like it better. The design on the Tropics was a little distracting but I definitely think the black skin makes the screen stand out a little more.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Sweety18 said:
So you're saying I should wear black lipstick ;)
Cripes, I should wear it.... I had my dentist make the mold for my upper teeth, then went through the bleaching agent twice a day for a month.... All it did was make my gums hurt.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I don't know, I added a lovely skin from decal girl that is black but I find it really distracting since I used my K1 for over a year without a skin.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Being black, I did a  ??? when I saw the thread subject.  I'm still snickering.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Cripes, I should wear it.... I had my dentist make the mold for my upper teeth, then went through the bleaching agent twice a day for a month.... All it did was make my gums hurt.
Try Brite Smile-only takes an hour and not much pain at all!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
auntmarge said:
Hah! That's priceless, my best guffaw in weeks.....
I really wanted to say "it does for me", but nobody would have gotten it. Oh goodness still got the giggles.
Seriously though I have a mostly white skin and it makes the background a little grayer than on Kindles I have seen with darker skins. I'll try to get a picture on Monday ad that Kindle belongs to a coworker

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I think it does give a slightly better contrast.

Jesslyn said:
Being black, I did a ??? when I saw the thread subject. I'm still snickering.
I'm still LOL'ing at your post! :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
A dark outer color visually helps the eyes focus more on the screen. A light color will distract the eyes from the screen giving it an illusion that the contracts is lighter.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
My DG skin isn't entirely black, but it has a mixture of black, blue tones and a bit of white. It seems to me that my Kindle 2 is much easier to read than it was before I put a skin on it. The skin that I have ("Stand Alone") really relaxes me, and I love it anyway, but the contrast improvement is a big plus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts