Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check novelrank, and have noticed that most of my books sell in the middle of the night. Evening I could understand, because during the day prospective readers are busy at school and/or work. 2 a.m. or 5 a.m. sales surprise me, but then I am an early-bird who is snoozing away at that time of night.

Anyone else notice a particular time at which most of their sales occur?

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Ah, but you live on the West Coast. 5 am for you is 8 am for me, and 1 pm for England. 2 am for you is 10 am for England. So it's not necessarily that people are buying in the middle of the night. It could be the day for them.

As for the bulk of my sales, they seem to happen sometime after 8 pm for me, although yesterday I had a huge slew of sales in the middle of the day, which was odd.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I seem to start getting mine around when work gets out on the East Coast, so about 2pm-3pm my time, then sprinkled throughout the evening.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amanda Brice said:
Ah, but you live on the West Coast. 5 am for you is 8 am for me, and 1 pm for England. 2 am for you is 10 am for England. So it's not necessarily that people are buying in the middle of the night. It could be the day for them.

That's true!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Most of my sales happen in the morning (Pacific time). Even on Mother's Day, which was kind of amusing. I'd have thought people would buy erotica in the evening. 

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
Ann Herrick said:
Anyone else notice a particular time at which most of their sales occur?
I make the most sales in the evenings. Of course I'm not sure if that's really when most people shop or if Amazon's reports are just a little delayed so that's how long it takes afternoon sales to show up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts