Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
All this peacock talk is going to push me over the edge, not mentally, just financially  :)

But no I dont have it in red, I am in love with this design though so I am with you. I'd love to see people's real life pics of this.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I hear ya, I'm planning on getting the peacock journal. Love the blue but I am sure it would look gorgeous in red so I can't decide.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Rasputina said:
LOL I hear ya, I'm planning on getting the peacock journal. Love the blue but I am sure it would look gorgeous in red so I can't decide.
Thats exactly what I want is the journal In blue. I think it would be beautiful in red also. This is when I really wish oberon would post pics of all their cover styles in all the colors offered. I realize that would be alot of work but it might boost sales as well.

But now I am in a dilemma because I heard the blue peacock is one of the new kindle cover styles. So now I dont know if I should stick
with my original plan of just getting the blue peacock in the journal (which I really want) or getting a 2nd kindle cover now that they will offer it. Ahhh such hard decisions.

I think I read somewhere on the board that oberon said that the peacock design wasn't as flattering in red. Although I can't see why that would be the case because I think it would be beautiful.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
koolmnbv said:
I think I read somewhere on the board that oberon said that the peacock design wasn't as flattering in red. Although I can't see why that would be the case because I think it would be beautiful.
Ok I went looking for the original thread that mentioned oberon not preferring the peacock design in red and I see that it was directed at you. LOL

I should have looked re-read the other thread 1st :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I can address that.. Becca said she was not going to do the Peacock in Red for a Kindle cover , it will be offered in blue and in green.. she said the red on the peacock was not a favorite and her opinion was not the best look for it.. also that they had alot of red Kindle covers already and when they looked it over they thought the green was the best option. hopes this helps!!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
So does that mean they made one in red? Are there "test" covers out there in other colors? Like one of a kind covers?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The peacock comes in red in the journal. Although to be honest if they don't think the color does the print justice I don't know why they would offer it.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Rasputina said:
The peacock comes in red in the journal. Although to be honest if they don't think the color does the print justice I don't know why they would offer it.
I KNOW! I was thinking this same thing, and even if they "thought" it didn't look great as a combo, why would they tell it to their potential customers?

I can't imagine why it wouldn't look good though.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
they didnt.. they told it to me. I probably should not have mentioned it to you.. for some reason it does not work on the DX cover I am guessing the size.. so if they cant do it on the DX they wont do it for the other two since they are keeping the same designs.. maybe I was not clear.. my fault.. on the DX it does not work right..the detail is not as strong.. again another reason is they have alot of reds already on the board..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts