Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom sent me this book plot because she's trying to figure out the title. It sounds really good and now I want to read it. Do any of you recognize it?

The main characters in the book are a young woman weaver who is the
decendant of a long line of weavers going back to the 12th century (she doesn't
know about how far back at first) and a man who studies and copies medieval
manuscripts as a hobby. The woman's grandmother is murdered and leaves behind a
few beautifully illuminated manuscripts leaves. The two meet when the leaves
are being authenticated. Of course the baddies want the leaves. It turns out
the two met in the 12th century and keep having flash backs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It doesn't ring a bell at all, but it sounds interesting!  Let us know if you find out!

·
Registered
508 Posts
You seem to remember a lot of details about the book. Try inserting them here

http://www.allreaders.com/

and see if it doesn't lead you to the book.

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
Whatever it is. . .it sounds good. . . .:)

Ann

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the allplots.com thing and since I haven't read the book, and it's a friend of my mom's who I don't actually know, I don't know any of those details :[

But it sounds so good haha.

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
I am pretty sure this must be "Moving Target" by Elizabeth Lowell.  It is available on Kindle and here are the descriptions.

From Library Journal
When Serena inherits some rare pages from the mysterious Book of the Learned, she discovers that someone is willing to kill to keep their secrets under wraps. Of course, this being a novel by a doyenne of romantic suspense, Serena also gets involved with the man set to appraise her valuable inheritance.
Copyright 2001 Reed Business Information, Inc.

From Booklist
Lowell leaves behind her best-selling Donovan clan (although they do make a cameo appearance) and introduces a fresh cast of characters in her latest romantic-suspense tale. Serena Charters, a weaver by profession, was raised in an isolated, primitive stone cabin in the desert outside of Palm Springs by her seemingly paranoid grandmother. When her grandmother dies a violent death, Serena inherits an ancient scarf and beautiful illuminated pages from a medieval manuscript. An accompanying note cryptically refers to their source, the Book of Learned, which, it suggests, will be her heritage if she wishes to search for it. When Serena decides to have the pages appraised, the ninetysomething patriarch of the House of Warrick, an auction house akin to Sothebys, insults her, proclaims the pages to be fakes, and then offers her $1 million. Deciding to get a second opinion, she meets Erik North, a local manuscript expert who, it turns out, has also been searching for the Book of Learned. Even though both she and Erik have had dreams about the medieval couple described in the book, Serena keeps her distance, unable to trust men as a result of her traumatic past. Undaunted, Erik comes to her rescue when he realizes that their quest has unleashed the same evil that drove her grandmother into hiding. Nothing is quite as it seems in this intricate story, which is as finely woven as the wondrous scarf Serena inherits, granting Lowell fans everything they want and have come to expect from her enormously popular romances.

Can't wait to read it.  It was fun searching for the right book!

·
Registered
712 Posts
and if you enjoy moving target, and you like historical romance try untamed, forbidden, and u
enchanted by elizabeth lowell. they are the ancestors of the characters in moving target.  enjoy,  carolyn

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
crca56 said:
and if you enjoy moving target, and you like historical romance try untamed, forbidden, and u
enchanted by elizabeth lowell. they are the ancestors of the characters in moving target. enjoy, carolyn
Are they best read in order? Love historical romance!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
gigglebox1231 said:
oh wow thank you! that is so cool haha.

i love historical romances too :]
gigglebox1231 said:
oh wow thank you! that is so cool haha.

i love historical romances too :]
In case you haven't seen this before, those book links are clickable to take you straight to the product page on Amazon. If you click on the link to buy, KB gets a small percentage from Amazon to keep us going.

Going back to check these out. I also love historical romance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts