Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris wants to audition for the show.  He says we can win.  I'm not sure I want to meltdown on national TV but I love watching it.  Curious if any other Kindlers are watching too....  who knows - if Chris has his way, you could be watching me making a fool of myself in a season or two...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I've watched it every season along with Survivor.  Although I'd never go on Surivior, I would love to be on Amazing Race.  My husband and I would bark at each other, but we understand each other.  I think the only downside is that you are going too fast to really appreciate all the cool places you get to go!  Never really considered "auditioning" though.  I'll cheer you on if you make it!

BTW, we have friends who had an Amazing Race wedding at a theme park.  It was a blast and my husband and I won! Definitely the most unique wedding I've ever been to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shizu said:
What is Amazing Race?
it is a reality tv show where teams of 2 race all over the globe. Chris wants to enter and while I do too, I don't want to embarrass myself on national tv
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Sound very interesting. I too don't want to embarrass myself so it won't be for me. But be sure to let us know when you are going to do it. I'll be cheering for you.  :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Kirstin said:
Chris wants to audition for the show. He says we can win. I'm not sure I want to meltdown on national TV but I love watching it. Curious if any other Kindlers are watching too.... who knows - if Chris has his way, you could be watching me making a fool of myself in a season or two...
I watched it once, but if you and Chris were on it I would definitely watch!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Think of it as taking an acting job on location for however many weeks of participation...with a bonus for completing the entire series. No matter how the show appears to viewers in its final form, it's a television production and the competitors are cast members of a TV show.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,247 Posts
Kirstin said:
Chris wants to audition for the show. He says we can win. I'm not sure I want to meltdown on national TV but I love watching it. Curious if any other Kindlers are watching too.... who knows - if Chris has his way, you could be watching me making a fool of myself in a season or two...
Be sure to take your Kindle. .. .maybe you can get Amazon sponsorship! :)

Ann
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
chynared21 said:
Haven't missed a season yet...DH wants to be on the show but I won't leave DD for that long...and definitely not the both of us at the same time ;-pppp
Maybe your hubby and Kirsten's hubby could be on there together!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Nope, but if you are on I will surely tune in.

I am a Ninja Warrior fan...be sure to watch on G4 Tuesday 11/18 (check your time slot, pm here) Sasuke 21...it starts the whole 21 challenge...amazing bodies agility and strength. Go Levi, Go Nagono!! Wooo Hooo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Angela said:
Maybe your hubby and Kirsten's hubby could be on there together!!
LOL, I'd actually would love to be on the show but not with DH...what if something happened to the both of us??? With all the plane travel, I wouldn't want something to happen to the both of us at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
chynared21 said:
LOL, I'd actually would love to be on the show but not with DH...what if something happened to the both of us??? With all the plane travel, I wouldn't want something to happen to the both of us at the same time.
Kirsten's hubby wants to be on it too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
chynared21 said:
So you're saying that we should send the hubbies and Kirstin and I go for a spa weekend ;)
ha ha - OK!! I'm up for a spa weekend!!

I told Chris if we can survive next week in Germany together, I'd apply for the show with him. Sunday we are going to take a day trip to Prague or Berlin - I get to choose and I'm finding it difficult. I want to go to both cities!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Way back before Germany was reunified, I twice traveled from Frankfurt to Berlin on a USAREUR (US Army Europe) troop train. The experiance really drove home the fact that we were going some 100-plus miles through the Iron Curtain. Crossing into East Berlin through Checkpoint Charlie was an incredible experiance and walking through the Communist-controlled sector made impressions that I'll never forget.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Teninx said:
Way back before Germany was reunified, I twice traveled from Frankfurt to Berlin on a USAREUR (US Army Europe) troop train. The experiance really drove home the fact that we were going some 100-plus miles through the Iron Curtain. Crossing into East Berlin through Checkpoint Charlie was an incredible experiance and walking through the Communist-controlled sector made impressions that I'll never forget.
I'm picking Prague.. the photos online of the city are just amazing.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top