Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kindle 2 is out for delivery. When it finally makes its way home for the first time, will I have to charge the puppy or does it come pre-charged?

Mark

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I had to charge K1.  I'm assuming that will still be the case.  In fact, I think I read that somewhere. 
And welcome Mark.  Glad you're here.
deb

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
No, it does not.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
My first Kindle arrived fully charged.... We'll see about the second one later today....

·
Registered
685 Posts
According to the user's guide, it is supposed to com 50% charged, but the first thing you will see when you power it up is a screen instructing you to plug in the charger.

Figuring what the temperature is like over most of the country this time of year, I would plug it in anyway just on general principles. Most batteries do not like the cold.

As long as you are using the wall charger, you can still play with it while it charges.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Mine was 50% charged when it arrived an hour ago.

Then it froze on startup and I had to reset it.

All is well now.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I was wondering about the same thing. Most electronics seem to come partially charged.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Mine had a decent charge; I plugged it in right away and still have an amber light...any idea how long it takes to fully charge and get the green light?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

I've been poking around and have downloaded a few books, but my inner toddler wants to take it into the other room and curl up on the sofa. I probably have anohter hour before it's fully charged, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts