Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh dear.  I just read David Pogue's review of the K2, and he mentions "clicky" sounds twice in the article.

Does the Kindle Klassic make a clicking sound when you turn pages?

If K2 is clicky, it's going back.  If K1 is quiet, then I'll be looking to buy a gently used K1.

Fingers crossed.............

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
My 'next page' button has a soft click to it. The loudness of the click varies depending on which part of the button I press on.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Well lol. All my buttons make a click sound, including the wheel. Both of the ones I had, this one is a replacement made the click sound. The replaced one was very loud on the right next page espeically, this one is a bit more quiet, but there is still a  click.
I would be worried if there wasn't any click going on.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My right-hand next page button has a very very faint clicking sound.  Other people in the room have not reported being able to hear it when I'm reading.  Of course, many times the other people in the room are my aging parents, so they can't see it either.  So, there ya go.
My left hand buttons don't make any noise at all, and I'm fairly certain that the previous page button is actually collapsing, but it certainly doesn't make noise.

My wheel doesn't click either.  On the other hand, people have said that about the wheels in my head for ages.  I assume they're just jealous.
;D

B

·
0 Posts
My wheel makes the loudest click when I depress it. As long as I am turning pages, it does not bother Jim when he is asleep. The wheel however does get loud enough to disturb him.

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
There was another thread somewhere that we got into "clicking" noise.  It seemed to depend on the Kindle, but the general concensus was unless you were listening for it, clicking was not noticeable.  Mine is almost completely silent.

·
Registered
209 Posts
To me the click wheel is annoying when I press it. I have gotten used to it at home, but if I am in a very quiet public place, I feel a little strange.
The page turn clicks are very faint.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mine was completely silent but would occasionally spring up 'n start singing, "Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal.... "

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
Mine was completely silent but would occasionally spring up 'n start singing, "Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal.... "
Guess she's singing "Happy Trails" now (sniff).

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
Ah, you found it in a cornerstone, did you? We thought you'd learn after that frog incident. Also, is it Wild about Harry? And is Harry wild about it?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
My wheel makes a soft click but my pages don't click at all.  I had never noticed until it was brought up so guess it is not annoying  ;D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, I'll have to pay more attention.  I'm sure it makes a clicking sound, but I never noticed it before.  If I didn't notice it, does that mean it didn't exist until I noticed it? 

·
Registered
493 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Ah, you found it in a cornerstone, did you? We thought you'd learn after that frog incident. Also, is it Wild about Harry? And is Harry wild about it?
...not lately.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Bruinboy said:
Wow, I'll have to pay more attention. I'm sure it makes a clicking sound, but I never noticed it before. If I didn't notice it, does that mean it didn't exist until I noticed it?
Only if you're in the woods, bruinboy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts