Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about purchasing an M-Edge Kindle cover and like the smooth genuine leather cover but a friend stated that she had one and it got scratched up too easily. Was wondering if this was a problem with other owners. Could use some input. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Mine has no scratches.  I do have a platform cover, which folds back and I pretty often have it flipped open, but still, the leather seems to be holding up well, so far.  Someone with an M Edge for a K1 might have more time with theirs.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have 2 of them - my jade green does not show scratches at all, but the mocha one does -- my fingernail will leave a scratch mark on it whereas I can't do that with the jade.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your input.  I guess it makes a difference with the color you choose.  I was thinking of buying the red one.  Anyone have any experience with this color or any other color.  Thanks again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the bright blue (sapphire?) cover - and so far, no scratches. I toss it in my laptop bag and/or purse whenever it leaves the house with me. So far, I am pleased with how it still retains its shine and smooth texture.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I dealt with this aggravation on a major scale while shopping for leather furniture.

What I learned:
All leather can scratch, most fairly easily.  Harder leathers do tend to scratch less than soft ones.  Most Kindle covers appear to be made from softer leathers, and therefore I suspect they'll all be prone to a certain amount of damage.  Some dyes do offer more protection than others, but it varies so much between tanneries & hides, there's no real way to be sure in advance what your leather will do.  This is why some of us buy a bag to protect our covers, LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts