Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten used to my K1's home screen to be sorted by "Most Recent First" but my K2 will not do this. It will sort by Author and by Title. Is this the way it is with K2?
Sylvia

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
sylvia said:
I have gotten used to my K1's home screen to be sorted by "Most Recent First" but my K2 will not do this. It will sort by Author and by Title. Is this the way it is with K2?
Sylvia
Most recent first is an option on the K2. Up at the top of the screen the choices are:

Most Recent First Title Author

I have mine sorted by Most Recent First. It works fine....

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
sylvia said:
oo I did find the spot. I can sort by Author and title but it it does not change for recent
??
Sylvia
You move the 5 way and make sure the option for Most Recent First is underlined, right? Then click the 5 way?

Check again and report back. This might be a CS issue. It is a feature and should work.

L

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cs sevice answers back that K2 does not do this only by most recent purchase...
I am feeling a bit singled out.

I think i will try calling again and hope for different person
sylvia

·
Registered
92 Posts
My K2 works fine.  It sorts by "Most Recent First" and it puts the books I most recently read or purchased first.  So if I buy a new book, it goes to the top, but if I then go to read a little of a different book, the book I've had longer will sort to the top, the new purchase will be second in the list.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
SimonStern2 said:
My K2 works fine. It sorts by "Most Recent First" and it puts the books I most recently read or purchased first. So if I buy a new book, it goes to the top, but if I then go to read a little of a different book, the book I've had longer will sort to the top, the new purchase will be second in the list.
That's the way it works on mine. The most recent thing I've looked at, no matter what it is, is at the top of the list.

L

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I had that happen once to me and I puzzled over it and kept trying to do it by the sort by - finally I did a reset and then it worked -- it seemed to be a blip - it has been fine since though.  Had me scratching my head when I couldn't find the book I was reading the night before.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CS #2 assured me this was not on K2 the sorted the likes and disslikes and that one got dropped so sorry. most recent deals with purchase or alphebitical...

reset I well try and will see
sylvia

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CS#3 did acknowledge that it works that way on 1 and 2. after fiddling and testin and questioning she said the thing i needed was WN. So next time you are in that area turn it on...

doctor needs and family trips (last October) take me away. oh well I am behind on some of my annual check ups ...

Sylvia

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
That actually makes a sort of sense.  Your Kindle doesn't know what time or day it is unless it can talk to the world and find out.  So it would have no idea what 'most recent' means if it has no time reference.  But I think once you teach it the time via WN it will remember unless you have to do a major reset.

Ann

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it sort of does though K1 never had this problem but it had the correct time and said it was registered where k2 says its not..

I might have a coupon for a free flight (I save for quick escapes) stashed mabe I will pull one out.
sylvia

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
So yesterday my Kindle blipped again and the current books went to the back of the list  ??? I did sort by all three variations thinking maybe that would make it correct itself but I ended up doing a reset again - wonder if it had to do with the time change -- or if it will just blip from time to time ::)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
yes I am - I'm out on the end of Long Island, NY and I get a 3x so I would say there is no problem there -- it is weird and the only way to fix it is to do a reset that I have found ...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I liked the most recent first. I was the best work around the lack of tags/subjects or at least folders. CS thinks getting into WN land will help mine. hope yours fixes up. I can work around the author sort and I do like reading on it in other words I am still a kindle fan.
Sylvia

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like someone else mentioned, it should be resolved the next time you're able to connect to WN.

I just reset my K2 this morning after a sample seemed to freeze it up (I suddenly couldn't change the page in the sample, I returned to the Home screen, and then I kept getting "unexpected error" when trying to open anything else). The reset worked fine, but then my K2 wouldn't sort by Most Recent First. My WN is usually off, so after reading this thread for a solution, I turned WN on and now it sorts Most Recent First just fine.

Phew! Problem solved! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts