Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying I am a natural blond so keep that in mind  ;D

My parents ordered my kindle mid november. The date kept getting pushed back and I just got too depressed to keep checking my mom's account (she gave me her PW so I would stop calling and ask about the Kindle). :D

I also shopped 80% my christmas shopping ,so far, on Amazon so I had a lot of amazon boxes around the house. Everyday another box was waiting for me. Some quite heavy.

Well I checked today to find my kindle showed up last FRIDAY, so its one of the many heavy amazon boxes in my closet. LOL  :-[

I somehow have to wait till my husband comes home to find it and somehow open the boxes so my husband doesn't see his presents..

So Pheobe has arrived! She's just hiding from her mommy.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm so excited for you, Chobitz! To think...she's been there that whole time and you didn't even know it. Oh well, now you know, Merry Christmas to you!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just 2 more hours till hubby gets home. I can't physically get the package till then. Why is these last 2 hours feel like it will be 2 years?

G

·
Ok I know you said you were a blond, but I don't understand why you can't get to the package with out his help. 

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vampyre said:
Ok I know you said you were a blond, but I don't understand why you can't get to the package with out his help.
I am disabled and in a wheelchair AND a blond :p

G

·
Oh! OK !  Chairbound does hamper a closet excursion.  I suspected it but I didn't know how to breach the subject without seeming to be insensitive.

I thought one of two things...the Kindle is really high and she is a blond so she doesn't know enough to stand on a chair to reach it or, she is chairbound and can't get to it.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
According to my clock, your husband should be home soon....

Congratulations! Report back!

L

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
Chobitz,

There was a very sad story on another Kindle e-mail list about a fellow in a wheel chair who had the Kindle on his lap and it slipped off and he accidentally ran over it. . . . .So be sure you get a Kindle Karrier so that won't happen to you!!  Head on over to the accessories forum to see what's available. . . .:)

(Do you have it yet??)

Ann

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep downloaded a bunch of books. Pheobe is now asleep.

Oh I'm careful. I'm sitting on the couch w/ my laptop and my kindle. Neither has a chance of falling.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You negletful parent you, couldn't you hear it cry for the past two days???
Just kidding, congratulations! Feed Phoebe all the books she wants, it's ok to spoil only children.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I think the dimensions would be about.... a little under six inches tall, a foot or more wide, and ten inches across. its also isn't that heavy, no more than 2 pounds. Hope that helps you find your kindle.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
chobitz said:
Let me start by saying I am a natural blond so keep that in mind ;D

My parents ordered my kindle mid november. The date kept getting pushed back and I just got too depressed to keep checking my mom's account (she gave me her PW so I would stop calling and ask about the Kindle). :D

I also shopped 80% my christmas shopping ,so far, on Amazon so I had a lot of amazon boxes around the house. Everyday another box was waiting for me. Some quite heavy.

Well I checked today to find my kindle showed up last FRIDAY, so its one of the many heavy amazon boxes in my closet. LOL :-[

I somehow have to wait till my husband comes home to find it and somehow open the boxes so my husband doesn't see his presents..

So Pheobe has arrived! She's just hiding from her mommy.
Congratulations, Chobitz! Phoebe's patiently waiting for Christmas!

Betsy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts