Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple minutes ago on Dollhouse, a character used the expression "throw the Kindle at," instead of "throw the book at."

You probably had to be there.  ;D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I was there! That was very cool! I actually just jumped on here before bed to see if anyone else caught it! LOL!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Cool, just like how "Google" has sort of replaced the word "Search". Soon Kindle will be an everyday word!!  8)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I don't know, I'll bet it took a little longer for book to replace scroll in the general usage. Might be a while for Kindle to step up.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
aww man thanks for the spoiler. :eek:.. I have it taping on my DVR (or would that be recording LOL)

I'll have to pay attention when I watch it tomorrow. Pretty cool though!!  ;D

theresam

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I guess I'm out of the loop (or maybe just too old)....  What's Dollhouse?

(I feel so stupid when I ask questions like this)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
kim said:
I guess I'm out of the loop (or maybe just too old).... What's Dollhouse?

(I feel so stupid when I ask questions like this)
Don't feel alone because I don't have a clue either. Sounds like the name of a strip club to me. :D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Don't feel alone because I don't have a clue either. Sounds like the name of a strip club to me. :D
LMAO!!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not doing this to be rude, but because I always wanted to use this site. So, what is Dollhouse, let me google that for you.

http://tinyurl.com/c6abzd ;D

The simple, non-cutesy answer, is that it's a show created by Joss Whedon. JW is the guy who created Buffy, Angel, Firefly, and Dr. Horrible. It starts Eliza Dushku, who played Faith on Buffy (sounds kinkier than I meant) and is about a secret organization that psychologically molds people into whatever the buyer wants, only to erase the memories from the Doll's head after the assignment is over. Fans of Joss are a tad concerned since Fox prematurely canceled his last show -- a show that was popular enough to end up as a feature film.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
MichelleR said:
I'm not doing this to be rude, but because I always wanted to use this site. So, what is Dollhouse, let me google that for you.

http://tinyurl.com/c6abzd ;D
Oh, the things I learn here! Now I know about Dollhouse AND "let me Google that for you". I've never seen that before, I love it, I'm going to have to use that soon.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Throw the kindle at you. said:
Careful now...

I am he that throws the Kindle.

EL
Eric! That's Kindle abuse! No throwing Kindles!!! :D

Ann

1 - 20 of 35 Posts